Note 7 to be just a curved display?

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I will be looking elsewhere if the edge version is the only one released. I moved from the Note 3 to the Nexus 6p and have really missed my Note. I was really looking forward to the new Note but I do not like or want the curved display at all.

Me either, may have to look into iphone 7.

Posted from Android Central

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I guess I'm in the minority here, but I LOVED the Note Edge. If it is anything like that I am all in!

Posted via the Android Central App

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
To elaborate, this is from a CNET review of the S7 Edge:

Navigating the Edge
I liked being able to jump into the edge display navigation from any screen, without having to go back to the start screen as you would normally have to do. This was an easy way to reach out to a favorite contact and my most-used app.

This came in very handy. It allowed me to have my home screen very clean!

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
On top of no glass screen protectors available for these edge screen phones they are nothing more then a gimmick. Have 2 S7 Edges and a regular S7 and I use the regular S7 as my daily driver. The edge features are something that's cool at first but never even use them after a few weeks.
I walk around with the S7 edge always afraid of when it will break, with all that curved glass hanging out in the air, it's just a matter of time before it shatters. :-\

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
On top of no glass screen protectors available for these edge screen phones they are nothing more then a gimmick. Have 2 S7 Edges and a regular S7 and I use the regular S7 as my daily driver. The edge features are something that's cool at first but never even use them after a few weeks.
I walk around with the S7 edge always afraid of when it will break, with all that curved glass hanging out in the air, it's just a matter of time before it shatters. :-\
I keep forgetting about the screen protector aspect. So, since this is a curved display, it will not have the nice glass feel as well that we are accustomed to with the flat screens, I'm assuming.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
No such phone exists. I might dislike the curved version but I'll buy it. A curved NOTE is better than no Note!

Adegbenro Agoro. Galaxy Note 4.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Really? Well that doesn't sound good :(

What's the issue? It doesn't cling on the sides?

I have tried every tempered glass for the S7 Edge and all have failed. The full screen ones only stick to the top, bottom and thin sides. They have the dot matrix over the display area and the touch sensitivity is impacted so bad that the phone is pretty much useless.
Also if you try to install a case they pop right off. The only protector that works even a little is a crappy film one. I would much rather have a nice flat display. I will purchase the Note 7 no matter what but will not be too thrilled with another curved display. :-\

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I've owned and loved all my Notes 1 thru 5,,, I recently got an S7 Edge, couldn't stand the edge'ness so I returned it for the flat S7 and I also have an iPhone 6s.
Now on my upcoming shopping list is the iPhone 7 or 7 Plus and the Note 7,,,, if the Note 7 is an Edge design I will remove it from my shopping list,,, a FLAT Note 7, YES,,,, a curved Note 7, no way !!!!
Cheers
Davyo