Note 7 vs iPhone 7

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Honestly? Both will do whatever it is you throw at them.

Which system are you invested in? Do you have paid apps on either ecosystem? Do you have information on either cloud storage solution? Because those are the things that matter IMO, everything else is secondary.

Apple and Samsung have a proven record of making good phones. You will be hard pressed to find any material difference that isn't software/OS related.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Honestly? Both will do whatever it is you throw at them.

Which system are you invested in? Do you have paid apps on either ecosystem? Do you have information on either cloud storage solution? Because those are the things that matter IMO, everything else is secondary.

Apple and Samsung have a proven record of making good phones. You will be hard pressed to find any material difference that isn't software/OS related.

Both are good devices. I think based on overall function, the Note 7 is the better phone imo. Better screen, expandable memory and the Spen. The Iphone is a top of the line device and overall is a great device, but the Note 7 I guess you can say is a powerhouse device, built for performance and a more narrower target market for power users like us on here. The Iphone Plus line I would still consider for power users too, but it seems marketed for the general audience still while Note 7 is for power user types. For the average person who just mostly texts and uses facebook, I see them going for the S line, and the S7 edge being more of a comparable device to the Iphone Plus.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Both are good devices. I think based on overall function, the Note 7 is the better phone imo. Better screen, expandable memory and the Spen. The Iphone is a top of the line device and overall is a great device, but the Note 7 I guess you can say is a powerhouse device, built for performance and a more narrower target market for power users like us on here. The Iphone Plus line I would still consider for power users too, but it seems marketed for the general audience still while Note 7 is for power user types. For the average person who just mostly texts and uses facebook, I see them going for the S line, and the S7 edge being more of a comparable device to the Iphone Plus.
I was surprised apple stuck with a 1080 lcd instead of amoled and higher res .... The camera can take those amazing shots but oddly enough the pictures will look better viewed on the note 7 screen.... It's rumored for Apple to go amoled next year but that will just be another case of apple being a little behind the curve for the sake of keeping everything familiar and comfortable...

Spec for Spec to be honest the Note 7 can still do more then what a iPhone can do... IRIS scanner.. wireless charging fast charge and multiple software enchantments that we all know android can provide.... (Widgets.... Edges panels....full UI Customization)

Imo you get a iPhone for a familiar experience and not to be ahead of the curve

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
While this is all true, you need to remember that if the end user can't appreciate the difference, it's all moot.

1080p on a 5.5" screen isn't as good as 1440p to me, but some people honestly can't tell the difference.

That's perhaps the weirdest thing about specification differences. Some things simply just don't matter to some users, it makes recommending devices difficult.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I too am waiting for the note 7. But must be honest i was impressed with the new iPhone.
Waterproof
Exterior stereo speakers
Optical lenses *2
Long battery
Fast procesors
Damn these features should be in the note 7

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I too am waiting for the note 7. But must be honest i was impressed with the new iPhone.
Waterproof
Exterior stereo speakers
Optical lenses *2
Long battery
Fast procesors
Damn these features should be in the note 7
Optical lenses? As opposed to what?

Jad Morffier

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
So they've pretty much copied the Note7 design except it has no QHD screen, no ppi improvement, no QuickCharge, no wireless charging, no SDCard slot and no sPen.
No thanks.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Hmm..That's difficult to rating. BTW-Apple on Sep-07-2016: Launched
its New iPhone7 - Relevant changes the Earphone-Port removal
and Added the Spen feature and Longer battery life..

Guess what lot of disaffected--Android users, wouldBe tempted to Switch
to A-Phone that offers most of the Note7-Features. stay Tuned to the
latest Developments between these Top-2Brands. Reply Ya!

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Agree 100%. To me the note can't be compared to anything based on functions. The s-pen puts it in a class of its own. The iPhone plus to me is main competition to the s7 edge. Hell their even the same size lol. The only reason I can see the note being compared to the plus is because of it always being the newest flagship released when the iPhone released.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I was surprised apple stuck with a 1080 lcd instead of amoled and higher res .... The camera can take those amazing shots but oddly enough the pictures will look better viewed on the note 7 screen.... It's rumored for Apple to go amoled next year but that will just be another case of apple being a little behind the curve for the sake of keeping everything familiar and comfortable...

Spec for Spec to be honest the Note 7 can still do more then what a iPhone can do... IRIS scanner.. wireless charging fast charge and multiple software enchantments that we all know android can provide.... (Widgets.... Edges panels....full UI Customization)

Imo you get a iPhone for a familiar experience and not to be ahead of the curve
The secure folder is a very nice feature. Love being able to hide my work documents and emails. Also love the able to run two versions of a particular app. Although some people think of most of the stuff that Samsung adds to their phones are gimmicks I personally find it useful(like palm to swipe, continuous screen caputre, multi window, pen window, Samsung pay). These kinda features are the main reason why Samsung keeps getting my money. I love the user experience.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
'The battery on the iPhone 7 lasts 14 hours when using WiFi and 12 on 4G. The iPhone 7 Plus meanwhile lasts 15 hours on WiFi and 15 on 4G. '

!!!

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
While this is all true, you need to remember that if the end user can't appreciate the difference, it's all moot.

1080p on a 5.5" screen isn't as good as 1440p to me, but some people honestly can't tell the difference.

That's perhaps the weirdest thing about specification differences. Some things simply just don't matter to some users, it makes recommending devices difficult.
The sad reality is that most iPhone users feel that android will always be far less superior because it doesn't possess imessage and FaceTime. Apples ecosystem is what keeps their steamboat afloat. That and the fact that developers love to update apps on the platform. As long as they can keep those things cohesive they will forever appeal to the masses.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
'The battery on the iPhone 7 lasts 14 hours when using WiFi and 12 on 4G. The iPhone 7 Plus meanwhile lasts 15 hours on WiFi and 15 on 4G. '

!!!
I'll admit if true that's pretty impressive. Was also surprised that video playback time was quoted longer battery than web browsing. The only two things I found interesting was the battery life and speakers. The speakers would be real nice, but 97% of the time I'm listening to things via bluetooth so it's really irrelevant.

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't just want to know which one is overall technically better the note 7 or iPhone 7

Note 7 is hands down the best phone right now that money can buy. But if you want the best iOS experience, go for iPhone 7 / 7 Plus.
However, the main powerful thing which sets Note 7 aside & always will is the S Pen.
Some practical usages of S Pen are & I think people should use it often for:
To jot down quick notes, Smart Select, Image Write, Multiple selections & text grab (using S Pen as a mouse), drawing & sketching, etc. - the best features that completely utilise that big yet compact & beautiful SuperAMOLED screen, which is definitely better than iPhone 7 / 7 Plus.
Note 7 also takes the most amazing shots that a smartphone camera in 2016 should, it's design is the most premium looking in my opinion, you will always have an added advantage due to the S Pen, battery life is great & you also get quickcharge (it charges really faster than any of the Apple devices to date)......so basically, technically, logically Galaxy Note 7 is a powerhouse, a beast among all the smartphones. That Black Onyx Note 7 looks subtle yet charming & so much beautiful :)

Jad Morffier

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
LOL

523476fd3a5a3dd7e0b273aedcfd78ba.jpg

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
... but like most things Apple ... it will probably become a design icon and THE thing to be seen with.

Sarcasm aside, the phone looks like an absolute beast otherwise. I'm awaiting the reviews.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles