note pro 12.2 WiFi connection problems

Drivermikeuke

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy Note pro 12.2 WiFi connection problems. Started a couple weeks ago. Or it may even be an account problem, but it's been having trouble signing into YouTube or sadly Facebook and or loading other various apps I use. But tonight (7/16/15) I went online and it said something about not able to connect to proxy. I don't know what this means.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this only on your home wi-fi network? Do you connect via proxy? While connected to your home wi-fi, go to Settings>Wi-fi, long-press your network, tap Modify Network, then Advanced Options. Is Proxy turned on? If you're using a home network, you shouldn't need a Proxy--set it to None.

Drivermikeuke

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I just saw this and will give it a try. I just did a hard reset and set it as a new device over the weekend to be safe and see if that made a difference. It started to act up again today and so now I'll try the no proxy. Thanks

Drivermikeuke

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
So it looks as if the problem is continuing. It's the WiFi note 12.2. I also have my note 4 on just WiFi and turned off mobile networks and don't seem to have a problem with the phones access to wifi.

Drivermikeuke

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I got the update to lollipop 5.0.2 a week ago or so, I can't tell if this problem started then or not, but I noticed it started on my note for when only on WiFi and the mobile network turned off.

Drivermikeuke

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
So I looked at that link a little, I did forget network and reconnect, and I've turned off proxy, but when I connect initially to my home network, the proxy is none, but once I officially connect to the network the proxy goes back to manual and that the http browser uses proxy or something along those lines but not all the apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do other devices that connect using your home network also show that they're using a proxy?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So it must be something with the tablet itself. Go to Settings>Security and try Clear Credentials. Or go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu>Advanced, and see if you have any options there to clear or remove certificates.

Drivermikeuke

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
So I did that and then had the idea it could be the security system I have on it, so I changed 1 setting and then checked the advanced setting of my home network, now back to normal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrBrown