Note5 vrs. Note 8

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Should i go with note 8 for my 2 cells or wait for note 9
Myself and wifes are both note 5's & both love them.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I'd wait. The battery life on the Note 8 is very mediocre with the 3,200 mAH battery. It's rumored that the Note 9 will have a 4,000 mAH battery.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
And even if the Note 9 is not up to snuff, the Note 8 will get a price drop when that comes out.
The Note 8 already has some price drops. For example you can get it for $720 from Samsung.com. But I imagine to your point it will have even more price drops.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The Note 8 is near...near perfect, IMO. Only wish it had a larger battery. But I address that by having multiple devices. If the Note 9 does indeed have the rumored larger battery and camera from the S9+ then it will be even more of a beast. The Note 8 is a great device still.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Note 8 is a GREAT phone... I thought the Note 5 was just OK, had a ton of problems with mine... went through five of them in two years...bad batteries. With the Note 8, after almost ten months, the 8 is rocking along very well... fast processor, great memory, crisp display, fine battery, reception and data transfer, absolutely zero problems. The 8 is so far superior to the 5 there's little comparison.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
The Note 8 is near...near perfect, IMO. Only wish it had a larger battery. But I address that by having multiple devices. If the Note 9 does indeed have the rumored larger battery and camera from the S9+ then it will be even more of a beast. The Note 8 is a great device still.
That's what I'm going to do. I've sold my Pixel 2 XL. I have a refurbished Pixel XL (1) that I got for $250, and is in perfect condition. It has spectacular battery life. I'm taking advantage of the Samsung.com special, selling my S9+, and sticking to the Note 8 for now. I miss the S-Pen and larger screen size. I miss the feel of it. On work days, I've got a fast wireless charger at work. So I'll recharge at some point and be fine. On other long days, I'll just take my Pixel XL with me turned off as a backup, and/or use Power Saving mode. To the OP, one thing I forgot to mention is that Samsung's power saving mode is very good battery life wise. It reduces the screen resolution to 1080P, and reduces performance a bit, plus you may not get all your emails or other notifications immediately. But for weekends, I personally don't need those anyway. I can't tell the difference in that mode performance wise, but battery wise, it eats way less battery. Battery life is phenomenal in power savings mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allirose