Notification ringtone for Gmail

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my OG Droid to the Bionic (like everybody else!) and while I'm really liking the phone, there's a few pains transitioning from Cyanogenmod 7 to Motoblur. Specifically I can't find a way to turn off the ringtone notification for new emails, at least without turning off notifications to the notification bar altogether. I can't even find a way to disable notification ringtones in the Android Settings, aside from using a custom ringtone that makes no sound. Has anybody figured out a way around this?

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my OG Droid to the Bionic (like everybody else!) and while I'm really liking the phone, there's a few pains transitioning from Cyanogenmod 7 to Motoblur. Specifically I can't find a way to turn off the ringtone notification for new emails, at least without turning off notifications to the notification bar altogether. I can't even find a way to disable notification ringtones in the Android Settings, aside from using a custom ringtone that makes no sound. Has anybody figured out a way around this?

inside Gmail app, go to settings, Click on account, Go to the bottom. Labels to notify. Click on that. Then click on inbox, It will give you options for the inbox. Took me a minute to find it as well, I was saying to myself, "No way they removed this"
""

Edited...

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, thanks man! I was terrified they removed it because it wasn't in the same place as the gmail app on my OG Droid. This was a pretty minor issue, but it would have annoyed the hell out of me.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Reactions: anon(167668)

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I did a quick search for another thread but I didn't see that one. Thanks for showing me that thread. Mods, feel free to lock this thread.

Jetster220

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Lol, yea, I love using the AOL "youve got mail" sound for mine cuz its funny and retro, but it took me a hour to finally realize where they had hidden the option to change the gmail notification, they really buried it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal