Notifications Wear Style for Gear 2

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
For now i bypassed the font problem i have.
I use tasker for most of my messages and i can wrap this HTML5 code around it:

<p style="font-size:26px">

</p>

26px is the right pitch for me.
This also separates the title and the contents for me.

But i still would like to see this for the other messages than tasker.

pacosal

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I like it much better.
I removed my original review and placed another with 3 stars.
This because the contents and now line breaks in it so it's viewed better.

I still do like to see smaller fonts on the watch. Because it's such a small device.
And there is no line break between the title and the contents.

Nice to see the message numbering.

Did i see on the first time run a time in the display? It's gone now, but this was really nice. Perhaps a better font or color, and with the date in there as well. This could become a watchface replacement. That would also be awesome.

Nice to see these changes, keep up the good work. And i will put in 5 stars if it's perfect for me.
This is now usable, so see what happens for a while.

HI,

there are some known bugs in 1.2.0 version:

- Time is not always showing at "no notifications" screen
- keyboard OK button is showing at the end. You have to scroll to use it.

But in next version will be fixed.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm still thinking about the leaving the app open and running in the background.
Is this really needed. Because the phone app, will intercept the notification. Can the phone open and run the app on the watch?
If so, the app can be left closed, because it will be opened by the phone. instead of running in the background.

Also when rebooting the watch, the app must be opened first before it will be able to get the messages.

pacosal

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm still thinking about the leaving the app open and running in the background.
Is this really needed. Because the phone app, will intercept the notification. Can the phone open and run the app on the watch?
If so, the app can be left closed, because it will be opened by the phone. instead of running in the background.

Also when rebooting the watch, the app must be opened first before it will be able to get the messages.

Yes, so far, I cannot open the App on the watch when a notification is coming.

pacosal

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I created some pictures so you can see the difference between now and with smaller font wrapped around the paragraph. ..

View attachment 138183View attachment 138184

Working in some features:

- Being able to change the text size
- Be able to choose whether you want the screen or not to turn on when receiving a notification
- Improve the keyboard (to see what can be done)
- Fix bugs detected (which I have noted and others like notification when a video is sent or not receive photos hangouts)
- Check that happens with Google Now
- Review the design

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes the watch app goes to disabled and I don't get any messages anymore.
I have to click on enable to start this again.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Well i'm using it now since yesterday.
I have to say the gmail message handling is really good. Nice buttons and colors.

But overall, most messages (not only gmail) is getting through, but not all!!!
From tasker i create 3 messages in the morning. The first is getting through, but the next two not. Unless i put in a delay of 10s between the messages.
But also only 1 message is not always getting through.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I have to stop using it now. There are 3 thing really bothering me:

1) It is disabling itself often. I noticed just now, before or on the moment a message was generated, it was being disabled.

2) Really a lot more messages are not coming through. It's to unreliable.

3) even with no messages and when I turn on the screen, I see this app. While I did go back to the home screen before. Often then with the time displayed. But then still unwanted.

I hope you can do something with this feedback.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
it looks like to me that you had a lot of failed touches (not been able to select the desired screen element(s) )

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm really impressed with this version. It's really stable, no missed messages yet. No showing the app when not used. And good readability using a smaller font. My font size choice is 18.
I changed my review of the app. And you would like what i have wrote.

There are only two issues from a 5 star.
1) To have a button for every message to open the message app on the phone, dismiss the message and move back out of the watch app with just one button press.
2) To back out of the app when the message is cleared from the phone. And no messages left to see.

The next will be nice to have extra.
- Different title font setting
- Dark theme.
- Enable the app on default after installation
- Having the two buttons (disable and exit) into a menu.
- Easy scrolling to top of the message.

This app is so good now. I am using it now as main and only notification app.
This is the best notification app out of all other 4 apps.
Really good job!

pacosal

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.4.0 released!

Versiono 1.5.0 uploaded to Samsung certification process.

Some images:

20141005_141112.jpg

20141005_141129.jpg

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Just as i thought (or feared). New version is just out, and a new one has already been issued.
And i was saving my new comments until i tried the new one and see if some has fixed or improved.

So here are they now then.
Please i like your app really much, but i also like my watchface. So please return to back (app) if notification has been cleared and none left. Even (especially) when cleared from phone.

The stability has not been fixed completely. I had two times yesterday where no messages come through. But now only enabling/disabling from the watch got it back working again.
The button says always "disabled" even when it is disabled.

gmail messages are not separated readable when multiple gmail messages are received. It just saying like on the phone notification bar a summary like 2 emails are there (or something). But i also use NiLS (a notifications widget), and there the gmail notifications are separated. Maybe they are stacked in your app (i did look at the latest video again), i didn't try it.

when reading a gmail message, mark the message in the gmail app as read. Now the messages are left unread. Or add a button to mark it read.

The buttons looks really nice, but on 1 screen there i enough place for 4 buttons. And maybe (just maybe) it's possible to put the buttons also below at the end of the message when you scrolled down on. That would have more a flow of check, reading and dismissing the message. (3 buttons on a row should be possible, design wise).

The image on the message, i displayed as the background. But this is not 320x320 while the image is that resolution. So it looks pixalized.

When reading the message, the last line is not readable because of the page-dots on the bottom line. Please add a new line on the bottom of the message. I can't do that in tasker, because the empty lines are trimmed of the message.

Can't you put the energy saving theme button as a setting in the phone app?

On the Android Wear notifications, you just click on the first message to see the whole contents. That's different on this app.

That's it for now.