Nougat Battery life

How's your battery life under Nougat on the S7 edge?

• Total voters

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
How's your battery life under Nougat? Despite advanced Doze, factory resetting, and lowering the resolution to 1080, I'm getting worse battery life than Marshmallow. Not happy since it seems every update takes away a little battery life. This is the unlocked Exynos processor.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
How's your battery life under Nougat? Despite advanced Doze, factory resetting, and lowering the resolution to 1080, I'm getting worse battery life than Marshmallow. Not happy since it seems every update takes away a little battery life. This is the unlocked Exynos processor.

I've gotten the best battery life ever on any phone. Easily 6 hours. 7.5 if I use a little lightly. Not exaggerating. Unlocked exynos as well.

Maybe it's an app which is causing the drain. Check settings.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Screen shots attached.

Today was a medium use day I'd say.
Mostly YouTube and browsing through social.
All on WiFi though.
I get usually around 5 hours when running mobile data.

And this is on high performance mode.

Check apps.
Use device maintainable app.

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 198

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
My s7e used to last me 2 days. After Nougat, my phone went dead last night even though the battery was at 50% when I went to sleep and I had the phone in airplane mode. Since my phone went dead, my alarm didn't go off this morning! Wiped the partition cache today and am hoping that helps.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
My s7e used to last me 2 days. After Nougat, my phone went dead last night even though the battery was at 50% when I went to sleep and I had the phone in airplane mode. Since my phone went dead, my alarm didn't go off this morning! Wiped the partition cache today and am hoping that helps.
That's not good at all.

If it died at 50% that is not due to Nougat, your battery may be the issue.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
According to the battery stats, it didn't die at 50%. I put it in airplane mode when it was at 50% and it proceeded to drain down to 0% (and then turn off) while I was asleep.
Oh, apologies, read your previous post wrong then.

That is very odd, it shouldn't drain so much.

Not sure what you have installed but here are the apps I Disabled and I get great battery life
50ef7059d206aa5613602e16283cd508.jpg

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Oh, apologies, read your previous post wrong then.

That is very odd, it shouldn't drain so much.

Not sure what you have installed but here are the apps I Disabled and I get great battery life

I have all of those disabled as well. What's eating up all of my battery is "Android System" it had hogged 40% according to my battery manager.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Verizon Nougat here. Amazing good battery. Much better than marshmallow. Last night, phone went from 61% to 59% while asleep. Just freaking amazing. Loving it.