Nova vs Action Launcher on the S8 - Do you see any advantage one over the other?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I was reading a thread over on the Pixel forum about using a launcher and most people are saying they use Nova. I have been using Action. Is there anything in particular you like about Nova launcher on your S8?

(Forgive me if this was discussed - I tried searching but it kept giving me server errors)

cgwillard

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
I was reading a thread over on the Pixel forum about using a launcher and most people are saying they use Nova. I have been using Action. Is there anything in particular you like about Nova launcher on your S8?

(Forgive me if this was discussed - I tried searching but it kept giving me server errors)
I use Nova and have never used action. I like the Nova one. I can not say I would know the difference either. Good luck.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I used Nova a long time ago so I don't know if something has changed that makes it uniquely better. I've been using Action for over a year now.

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's really a matter of personal preference -- choosing the launcher that has the look and features that suit you best. I've used both, but prefer Nova. Looks aside, I find that Nova with the TeslaUnread plugin give me the best visual control of my many notification needs.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
There cant be too many launcher posts! one of the great aspects of Andriod!.
I have tried Nova its ok, I would encourage folks to check our Microsoft Launcher (Arrow Launcher outside of beta), its really impressing me.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
There cant be too many launcher posts! one of the great aspects of Andriod!.
I have tried Nova its ok, I would encourage folks to check our Microsoft Launcher (Arrow Launcher outside of beta), its really impressing me.

Downloaded last night and going to try it out this weekend when I have some time to play with it. Have seen you and some others give it a thumbs up.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, relevant to a current discussion on launchers, Action Launcher literally just updated to add the Pixel 2 search bar at the bottom option. Not sure what I think about it. I'm sure I would be wondering the same if I was holding a Pixel 2 with it.

I agree, it's personal. I just thought there might be some spectacular thing I missed in the past year. I can't give up AL shutters.

I'm not sure if the Google bar works the same on Action Launcher as it does on the Pixel though. Here you go...

Screenshot_20171006-183740.jpg

BratPAQ

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I use nova but tried action launcher a couple of times. I like the apps list that can be pulled from the left panel and the widget panel on the right.

But I just like the customization of nova even on small detail.

I remember in uninstalling action because there's no icon label on app drawer, turns out that the black background I use is making the black icon label invisible. And theres no option to control color of icon label, but nova has that option.
229a83b3f2ea60bd56e8d6222c85cd98.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaibh