Now, I have something to go with my Note 3

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Nice tablet. I considered getting one but since I have the Note 3, I didn't think it would be worth it. I got the MS Surface instead since it runs full Office. Fiance has an iPad and an S4 - he had the Note tablet but he claims he didn't like it.

Posted via Android Central App

Good choice on the Surface although i would have wanted the Surfae Pro which I can't afford right now. Always good to have a phone and tablet with different OS's. They each bring something different to the table.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Not a fan of the Surface but everyone had different needs/wants.

Been on my tablet for the whole day and am really enjoying it.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Whoa.... IPad and a Casio. That's grounds for a divorce!

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

Casio? That is so 1980s! What do I know... I was born in the 80s. Lol! :D

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Whoa.... IPad and a Casio. That's grounds for a divorce!

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

lol no: He's a plumbing and general contractor, crawls underneath houses to do rough plumbing and a bunch of other stuff, his phone in his pocket dragging along in the dirt... that thing is bullet proof, he's had it since 2008, he will not switch. I must admit it works perfectly, like the day he got it. Plus, he hates all the hoopla around smartphones, he can't be bothered. So he's happy. Heh. ;)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
lol no: He's a plumbing and general contractor, crawls underneath houses to do rough plumbing and a bunch of other stuff, his phone in his pocket dragging along in the dirt... that thing is bullet proof, he's had it since 2008, he will not switch. I must admit it works perfectly, like the day he got it. Plus, he hates all the hoopla around smartphones, he can't be bothered. So he's happy. Heh. ;)

I know that feeling. I bought 8 or 9 of the Sony Ericsson P910i between 2004 and 2012.

Now I am trapped in Android World.

At least I made some new friends :)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Congrats on your purchase! I'm torn between this and the Tab Pro 8.4 (I need something portable, but bigger than my phone).

I like the Tab Pro 8.4. I almost bought the Tab 3 8.0 before my Note 3. The OP is good at sketching so the S-Pen was essential.
The decider for me, and I haven't been able to try one as they're not on working display anywhere, is how the 8.4 displays a full web page with minimum scrolling. If it's not great then I would be disappointed not being a sufficient step up from the Note 3 in screen size. Still it is a nice device with good specs and screen compared to last years 8".
I may take a walk over to the 8.4 forum later.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Congrats on your purchase! I'm torn between this and the Tab Pro 8.4 (I need something portable, but bigger than my phone).

It's hard. To be honest, I wanted the 12.2. It was hard to justify the cost even for a used one. I'm so glad I picked this one instead. The 12.2 would have been a bit excessive. Didn't realize how big the 10.1 would be. For some reason, I thought it was similar to the iPad. Lol But this is pretty big and I'm still adjusting to it. It's awkward to type on this. Sketching on here is more than enough for me which is all I needed.

What are your needs and wants? Like Madd said, if you must have the S Pen, then get the Note. If not, get the tab.

FanOfAnything

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Nice. Hope you like it. I can't deal with Android tablets. They urk me. Haha.

Posted via Android Central App

Omg lol same with me hate using Android tablets and I like my ipad more :p but I hate the iPhone and prefer the note 3 lol

To the op congrats haha hope you have fun with it

posted from my note 3 ...

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Omg lol same with me hate using Android tablets and I like my ipad more :p but I hate the iPhone and prefer the note 3 lol

To the op congrats haha hope you have fun with it

posted from my note 3 ...

I am.
Not a fan of iPad. I had the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation. To each their own.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I love having the same OS as I too have the Note 10.1 2014 to go with my Note 3. I prefer writing on the phone over the tablet but SwiftKey makes the tablet easier. I had been a BlackBerry user for 5 years prior and got so frustrated with the Playbook. I got the tablet first and had a chance to learn about Android and Google before getting the phone. I love them both!

I agonized over getting rid of my BB phone / keyboard for months! Within 2-3 weeks I didn't miss it at all. I never thought I'd say that. I can still write with both thumbs just as fast as my old favorite BB.