Now I live in a Dual-Android Household

sURFNmADNESS

May 25, 2010
Visit site
DI for me on release day.

Since then, 2 EVOs now at the office, 3 preorders for Epics and one D2 on order by another co-worker. Also Wife upgraded to her first smart phone, DX. Android taking over after being seen and used by many. 6 yr old wants one, but.... :)

joe bass

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I know this is the dinc section, but you are linked to the main site "dad gets Android - whole family goes Android" I got my evo on launch day any just last week convinced the wife to give up her beloved 3gs 32gb iPhone. As of yesterday we both have evos and our 12 and 10yo have Samsung intercept. :)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
My wife was on Android before me. Started when the Eris came out. I was on a Storm. Then I got my Inc and she has since moved up to the Moto Droid. Soon I hope to have her phone upgraded to at least a new Inc.

Fbrn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I started the Android bug in my family. Was a huge blackberry guy but got tired of battery pulls. Bought Droid 1 on launch day and haven't looked back since. Talked 3 friends into droids within 2 months. Then talked both sisters into droid 1 which they are thrilled with because of the navigation and sending pics and videos of their kids to me all the time which is so awesome with a droid. Then got girlfriend droid 1 when her plan was up. She got rid of her blackberry curve which was slower then belief. She is ADDICTED to facebook so was constantly using my droid to get at her facebook. Her twin sister got jealous and wanted a droid so I used her upgrade to get an incredible and gave her my droid for free. Best friend upgraded to incredible when his contract was up and his wife is constantly stealing his because of how much better the internet is compared to her blackberry pearl. Then my girlfriend (now wife) and I were in a wedding with close friends and just last month they both upgraded to droid 1 with the buy one get one promotion. Mom just upgraded to Droid X on launch day. It really is like a virus that spreads.

Spaniard85

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I both came from iPhone 3G's. The main reason for the switch was location (of course AT&T didn't work where were moving in to), but me starting a job with Verizon didn't hurt either, haha. At first we were both on BlackBerry Tours, but I took mine back within a couple of days, and just waited for the Droid and used my VZ employee phone as my main (Samsung Rogue). I got the Droid on day one, but it took my wife a good month or so later to get fed up with her Tour and want a better phone. We added a line and got her the Eris. All was fine for a while, but once the 2.1 update came out, the phone was all but ruined. Laggy, buggy, and generally troublesome, she really grew to almost hate it... until I rooted it. Since then daily complaints have all but vanished. All I hear now are the occasional hiccups in the custom ROM she's on. I can't wait to see what Android devices launch over the holiday season for my upgrade, though she's tempting fate as a heretic and hoping for a VZW iPhone. On a brighter side, however, I've got both my parents wanting the Droid Pro when it drops, since they both LOATHE their BB Storms.

Last edited:

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Let's see, my family lineup.
Mine: Nexus One
Wife's: Nexus One
Son's (2): Droid1
Daughter Droid1

When my Son's and daughter were given the Droid's my ex-wife decided to get in on the act. All of them are happy with their phones.

I have one defection, my oldest son has a Blackberry.

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I got the Incredible, and when my girlfriend saw the speech to text option she HAD to have an Android phone. Thing was she didnt want to spend the cash for one of the premium ones....she loves her LG Ally

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the Incredible, and when my girlfriend saw the speech to text option she HAD to have an Android phone. Thing was she didnt want to spend the cash for one of the premium ones....she loves her LG Ally

Typical woman always wanting to talk.....;)

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
My family, 6 months ago:

Self:Blackberry Storm 9530
Dad: Blackberry Curve 8330
Mom: Blackberry Curve 8330
Brother: LG enV

My family, now:

Self: HTC Incredible
Dad: Motorola Droid
Mom: Blackberry Curve 8330
Brother: Motorola Droid

Needless to say, the family's changed quite a bit lately. Dad/brother hooked the buy one/get one offer for the Droids, and I bought my DInc right in the early stages of the shortage. Mom claims to be happy with her Blackberry, but I'm sure we'll convert her before long.

Falconfree

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Haha, Echoes, that sounds familiar!

6 months ago
Me: BB Storm 1
Hubby: BB Tour
Dad: BB Curve
Mom: BB Tour
Brother: BB Tour
Sister: Random non-smartphone

Now
Me: Droid Incredible
Hubby: Droid 2
Dad: Original Droid
Mom: Droid X
Brother: Droid X
Sister: Original Droid

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I started the Android Revolution with friends, family, and others. I got the Motorola Droid on the release day. About a month later one of my good friends got one. Another friend got an Eris. Another got an Incredible on launch day and I bought my wife one on the same day. Friend #1 converted a co worker or two. Friend #2s husband now wants one. It goes on and on.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
My wife has been coming up with reasons to get a DInc since about 2 minutes after I walked in the door with mine. Her phone works fine, but she WANTS a DInc! I almost broke down last weekend, but with the LTE phones coming out shortly I want to use her upgrade for something in that vein possibly.

Oh the trials and tribulations of living on a budget. Makes me hum Jimmy Buffett’s “I Used to Have Money One Time”

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have seen the Incredible next to a Galaxy S. To say the screens compare is a pretty far fetched statement. The colors on the SAMOLED are much more vivid and in direct sunlight comparison the Inc doesn't even come close to the Galaxy S.

TekNiKal

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I am a lurker no more. My wife and I got our DIncs on 8/17. I came from a Storm and she came from a Curve 8330. It has been fun learning how to use our DIncs together. Now everyone that has seen our phones wants an Android device.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have seen the Incredible next to a Galaxy S. To say the screens compare is a pretty far fetched statement. The colors on the SAMOLED are much more vivid and in direct sunlight comparison the Inc doesn't even come close to the Galaxy S.

Outside maybe...but with the brightness cranked up on the Inc..Indoors at an ATT store the other day I put mine side by side with the Cap. and it was compareable, Cap was slightly better but not worth giving up the crisp feel of my Inc for the wonky feel of the Cap....IMHO

dmc1068

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I got my EVO about two weeks ago. My dad saw it and said he wanted one. I made a phone call today and was told they are suppose to get some soon. About two hours later got a call that they had one. Was asked if they should hold it till I got off work. I was like hell yeah. Went in picked that up and got the wife a Samsung Intercept. Now three Androids in the family. Immediately installed bump and transferred common contacts. We're all rocking with Android now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genxathletix