Now I'm Jealous

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Came in to work and a good friend calls me around to his work station. He went and got the Note 9 earlier in the day. Dang him now my fever is even worse. I had planned on waiting but its difficult. I guess I wanted to know how many are coming from a Note 8 like I am. If you are coming from a Note 8 why did you take the plunge or why not. I just need a reasons to wait or not.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
For me, Note 8 to Note 9 because first of all I'm on the upgrade program which = new Note every year, but obviously if the Note 9 wasn't looking worth it I would have surely kept the Note 8.
Camera better in low light
Better battery
More S pen features
More secure facial unlock/ better placed FPS
Generally an all round better phone.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Came in to work and a good friend calls me around to his work station. He went and got the Note 9 earlier in the day. Dang him now my fever is even worse. I had planned on waiting but its difficult. I guess I wanted to know how many are coming from a Note 8 like I am. If you are coming from a Note 8 why did you take the plunge or why not. I just need a reasons to wait or not.
I had the Note 8 and had no problems letting it go for this beast. Now, I loved the Note 8, but this is perfect. Love love it. Perfect fit in the hand.

nogdog07

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I have the S8 plus and I'm in the same boat debating the upgrade. Have had nothing but notes since the note 2 and then was part of the note 7 debacle. Maybe it's time to come home?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The Note 8 was my first Note ever. I was happy with it and had no issues, but like another poster mentioned, the Note 9 is an all around better phone.
Not only that, but my wife had an upgrade available and she was using my GS6 edge.
So I took the upgrade to get the Note 9 and gave her the Note 8.
I'm happy, she's happy. Win win!

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I had Note 8 jumped to S9+ 128gb...Now Note 9 128gb ocean blue..loving the bigger screen....love the boxy look...in S9+ sometimes words would extent to the curve but on note 9 it's easy to read...
if u on note 8 ...note 9 is a perfect upgrade....huge battery...stereo speakers...better Spen ..better fps placement...I am loving by new Note 9 ocean blue 128gb

Last edited:

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note 8, I'm satisfied with it for now. But will likely upgrade to the Note 9 in mid to late November. That gives me a chance to see the official releases by Apple and Google. Yeah I know, but I'm not committed to any OS or Mfr. But I do like some of the things Samsung does with the Note series.

what concerns me about the Note 9 is dimensions of the FPS. It's rectangular and positioned with the wide part horizontal. Just seems like it would be awkward in that position. I have absolutely no problems with the Note 8's FPS.

Last edited:

OmegaSparks

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site

Honestly, I got it because of the speakers. I mean I like the design as well. When I found out about the bigger battery, that sealed the deal for me.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Come from the note 8. Have have every note except the original and note 5(went went s6 edge+ instead). For me there's nothing like the note. Samsung puts so much into this variant and it gets me interested everytime although I think the bar has been set extremely high with this model.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I was using a s8 so the jump was pretty big for me.

It's my first Note phone and even though I'm still at the setting up stages I'm very impressed.

Note 9 512Gb in Black _ unbranded.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Using the Note 9 since 12 hrs now...phone feels faster than my s9+ 12gb...I have set up my note 9..so far loving it..love the screen estate and the boxy look and easy to grip as note 9 has more meat on it..got a feel silicone case in the box..still I brought hard case transparent..so happy so far...have ocean blue color

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Lol oven blue
I had Note 8 jumped to S9+ 128gb...Now Note 9 128gb ocean blue..loving the bigger screen....love the boxy look...in S9+ sometimes words would extent to the curve but on note 9 it's easy to read...
if u on note 8 ...note 9 is a perfect upgrade....huge battery...stereo speakers...better Spen ..better fps placement...I am loving by new Note 9 oven blue 128gb