occasional battery drain

egburr

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Most of the time, my battery lasts the entire day. But, occasionally my battery is dead by noon, and I can't figure out why. At a very rough estimate, this happens about once a month. When I look at the battery usage, it doesn't look like anything unusual is running. I'm on the stock android 4.2.1. Any ideas what might be doing this or what I can look at to try to find what's doing this?

southjersey786

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I had that a few times as well, I downloaded the Norton utilities app (free version) and kill the apps to free up the memory once every other hour and it definitely helps, also I bought the extended 2100 mah Samsung OEM battery and that helps as well and it's not big!

Posted via Android Central App

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that the times I had excessive battery drain, the phone would become warm in my pocket. It seems that periodically Sprint will shut down a tower (maybe like a computer, it's good to reboot the systems every so often?) leaving the phone with little or no service, which sends the radio into a search mode. This is 100% output power looking for the next nearest Sprint tower. Running the radio at full blast sucks the life out of the battery very quickly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d