[ODIN] Stock ED01 ROM/Kernel

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it's in the works, just give it time. As the old saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day." Great things take time so let's support those that keep volunteering a lot of their time, just have a little pacience :)

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
As stated, modem separation from the update is surely being worked on. The differences from EC01 or EB01 would be minimal if any so there's no rush to get your hands on it. If you really can't wait, you can go through the whole update process (flash back to DL09 stock, update to EA28, update to ED01) then just flash a rom over that as they do not touch the modem. I had to go through it all to get a nandroid of ED01 for myself to refer back to for troubleshooting purposes. Now that I have that, I've flashed SC 2.9.2 back, which kept the ED01 modem intact.

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
sorry if this has been asked just didn't see it and i want to do it right and not mess up my phone i have been trying to root my phone but can't get cmw to stick if i flash this via odin i'll have froyo thats already rooted and it will keep my ED01 modem and radio

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
sorry if this has been asked just didn't see it and i want to do it right and not mess up my phone i have been trying to root my phone but can't get cmw to stick if i flash this via odin i'll have froyo thats already rooted and it will keep my ED01 modem and radio

after you flash cwm all , do not allow the phone to boot up, you need to go directly into clockwork recovery

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
ok after clockwork is applied i'll have a rooted phone but will it keep my ed01 moden and or radio

this does not act like one of your all in one odin's is that why i have to odin cwm on also

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

If you ODIN this, it will erase anything on your phone, ED01 radio and modem included. If you already have ED01, go here to flash a ROM through CWM that will keep everything you have, and add root. And, just like DroidXCon said, after ODINing CWM all, do not reboot your phone, boot straight into recovery and then flash the ROM from the link via CWM (make sure you put the zip on your SD prior to ODINing CWM, or you'll have to either redo CWM or use a micro SD adapter to add it via PC.).

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
If you ODIN this, it will erase anything on your phone, ED01 radio and modem included. If you already have ED01, go here to flash a ROM through CWM that will keep everything you have, and add root. And, just like DroidXCon said, after ODINing CWM all, do not reboot your phone, boot straight into recovery and then flash the ROM from the link via CWM (make sure you put the zip on your SD prior to ODINing CWM, or you'll have to either redo CWM or use a micro SD adapter to add it via PC.).

sorry i just don't know this if you flash with cwm you don't loose you kenel or radio but with odin you basically start from scratch cause it erases everything

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

But this is the ED01 with Kernel forum correct? If you flash this ROM, it will put the ED01 kernel on the phone. If you have the ED01 radio it will stay the same, since the radio is not included in this ROM. If you have not gotten the OTA the radio you have on the phone will stay on the phone. So if you are running EC01 radio, that will stay.

After you flash this Rom, you can let the phone reboot totally. Then shut down and flash CWM via ODIN.

You can let boot if you would like, but if you want to just root the stock, you will need to enter CWM and install zip of SU-busybox, before the phone boots, if you want to flash the Debloated rom then you can go into CWR or let reboot, then shut down and go back to CWR.

I hope this is not confusing.

Last edited:

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
But this is the ED01 with Radio forum correct? If you flash this ROM, it will put the ED01 Radio on the phone. If you have the ED01 Kernel it will stay the same, since the kernel is not included in this ROM. If you have not gotten the OTA the Kernel you have on the phone will stay on the phone. So if you are running EC01 Kernel, that will stay.

After you flash this Rom, you can let the phone reboot totally. Then shut down and flash CWM via ODIN.

You can let boot if you would like, but if you want to just root the stock, you will need to enter CWM and install zip of SU-busybox, before the phone boots, if you want to flash the Debloated rom then you can go into CWR or let reboot, then shut down and go back to CWR.

I hope this is not confusing.

I was told to look here from another thread I've been trying to root my phone most of the day flashing via odin to get cwm to work after reboot turns back to blue tried everything everyone has been so helpful . now i see that to keep cwn i have to first flash cwn with odin then download the debloat version already have the ota don't want the bloat but i want to keep ed01 so wish me luck think i have this a little understood as to what i have to do

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I was told to look here from another thread I've been trying to root my phone most of the day flashing via odin to get cwm to work after reboot turns back to blue tried everything everyone has been so helpful . now i see that to keep cwn i have to first flash cwn with odin then download the debloat version already have the ota don't want the bloat but i want to keep ed01 so wish me luck think i have this a little understood as to what i have to do

Good luck! Just boot into red recovery and install via sd card point to the debloated edo1 you want and select it.. once complete just return to main menu and reboot. You'll be good to go :)

Reactions: curley1441

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Yes, flash clockwork all via odin, then use cwr to flash this debloated rom.

Reactions: curley1441

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks gentlemen it worked have debloat and debing and best of all I have root and didn't loose a thing not that if I did I would have another excuse to sit and work on my phone.

Thanks again

Brennb#AC

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
OK all the Curleys have confused this old lady :-[:-[ ... so Here is what I want and how I "THINK" I'm supposed to do it.

I had rooted the leaked version eb01stock via ODIN and one or the other kernals flashed via cwm... so now I want the OTA rooted stock (all swelled up) and not lose the OTA radio ed01.

So far, I used ODIN to get back to stock all the way to ea28. I am now OTAing the ed01 (takes a bit of time to download I guess but its moving along).

When this is finished I need root.... when I root I will be using titanium, shootme, barnacle and few other apps that require root and freezing a few apps that is all. :) but sometimes I get brave and flash new kernals so will need cwm.

SO...
  1. if I got this right the best/easiest root method would be the ODIN the download in the first post of this thread....which redoes my OTA ed01 with a rooted version but leaves all the same dodads of the OTA. YES????
  2. if the above is yes, do I need to also ODIN CWM all 3-30Fix?
  3. if yes to CWM do I then CWM busybox?
  4. or.. does root give me Superuser and I can get busybox from titanium?
  5. or does root give me SU and Busy and CWM and I'm good? like the first way I ODINed to eb01?

OR should I just try to root on my own (how/where) and go from there? I don't need CWM to use SU/Titanium etc right?

Thanks!!! :-*:-*
I appreciate all the work that's been done and I'm a quick learner so hopefully I've asked the right questions to deconfuse myself.

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
OK all the Curleys have confused this old lady :-[:-[ ... so Here is what I want and how I "THINK" I'm supposed to do it.

I had rooted the leaked version eb01stock via ODIN and one or the other kernals flashed via cwm... so now I want the OTA rooted stock (all swelled up) and not lose the OTA radio ed01.

So far, I used ODIN to get back to stock all the way to ea28. I am now OTAing the ed01 (takes a bit of time to download I guess but its moving along).

When this is finished I need root.... when I root I will be using titanium, shootme, barnacle and few other apps that require root and freezing a few apps that is all. :) but sometimes I get brave and flash new kernals so will need cwm.

SO...
  1. if I got this right the best/easiest root method would be the ODIN the download in the first post of this thread....which redoes my OTA ed01 with a rooted version but leaves all the same dodads of the OTA. YES????
  2. if the above is yes, do I need to also ODIN CWM all 3-30Fix?
  3. if yes to CWM do I then CWM busybox?
  4. or.. does root give me Superuser and I can get busybox from titanium?
  5. or does root give me SU and Busy and CWM and I'm good? like the first way I ODINed to eb01?

OR should I just try to root on my own (how/where) and go from there? I don't need CWM to use SU/Titanium etc right?

Thanks!!! :-*:-*
I appreciate all the work that's been done and I'm a quick learner so hopefully I've asked the right questions to deconfuse myself.

Okay lets get started.

step 1. Since you went back to stock to get the ED01 modem, after you ODIN this package you will still be running the ED01 modem and you will be running official froyo (bloated and binged). Also you will be rooted, which will give you Superuser app and access.

Step 2. Is correct, you will need to ODIN CWM.

Step 3. No you don't need to flash busybox through CWM since this gives you root. Step 1 already gave you the root simply by flashing this package through ODIN.

Step 4. You already are rooted with Superuser access from step 1. Titanium Backup is an app that you back apps up just in case you will have to wipe data. To run titanium backup you need to be rooted with Superuser access. Which you already are from step 1.

Step 5. Root gives you Superuser app. Busybox is a zip file you flash in CWM to get rooted. You do NOT need to do this since Step 1 already gave you the root. You need to flash CWM through ODIN like i said in post 2.

I hope I helped. If you need anything don't be afraid to ask.

Reactions: Brennb#AC

Brennb#AC

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
OK so this flash will root me and keep me stock everything including radio ed01. goal one accomplished. All other points aside from CWM are complete.

so as spoken of in Step two, I flash via ODIN that particular CWM the ALL 3-30 Fixed version. and I need CWM for flashing kernals, themes etc but I don't need it particularly for the other root functions I spoke of.... so when I ODIN CWM... its OK to boot strait to the phone after instead of straight to CWM as I've been reading has to be done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali