[ODIN] Stock ED01 ROM/Kernel

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
This is wrong. Flash cwm via odin. Then before you let the phone boot, enter clock work.and flash the Super user/ bust box zip found in the How to root post

This will lock in the cwm all. I know cause that is how I did it and I have it right now. Try that and you will not have to flash cwm every time.

Thanks Curley, but I believe Brennb is taking a slightly different route than what you're referring to. Glad to know it worked out for you tho I remember helping out the other day :)

Edit: Sorry that was the other Curley! Still confusing me LOL!

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I thought he didn't need to flash busy box zip cause this package comes with root?

It does, but to keep the cwm from going back to stock, this works. I found this out by trial by fire. My Tibu was not working so I flashed and it did not stck, but when I reflashed Cwm then the busybox the cwm stick and I have it now.

Reactions: Brennb#AC

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Curley, but I believe Brennb is taking a slightly different route than what you're referring to. Glad to know it worked out for you tho I remember helping out the other day :)

Edit: Sorry that was the other Curley! Still confusing me LOL!

Confusing I know, just look for the good looking guy in the pic.

I am learning by trial and error, so I know I don't know much, but I know what I have learned. That is a Yogi Berra ism :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It does, but to keep the cwm from going back to stock, this works. I found this out by trial by fire. My Tibu was not working so I flashed and it did not stck, but when I reflashed Cwm then the busybox the cwm stick and I have it now.

Ah okay, I thought you meant it is for brennb to root his phone this way.

And your an android expert now so you gotta change your signature :cool:..just noticed that ha

Reactions: curley

Brennb#AC

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Cool, so you're saying I won't have to flash a new kernel to get CWM to stick I can just flash a zip such as the busy box one and that give the same "sticking cwm" end effect?

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Cool, so you're saying I won't have to flash a new kernel to get CWM to stick I can just flash a zip such as the busy box one and that give the same "sticking cwm" end effect?

Yes, I believe that is what he is meaning. I haven't tried myself, but Curley is reliable on these things!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This is wrong. Flash cwm via odin. Then before you let the phone boot, enter clock work.and flash the Super user/ bust box zip found in the How to root post

This will lock in the cwm all. I know cause that is how I did it and I have it right now. Try that and you will not have to flash cwm every time.

Yes, I believe that is what he is meaning. I haven't tried myself, but Curley is reliable on these things!

Well here is the final answer on all of this. Curley, have you flashed a stock kernel or a ROM containing a stock kernel since you did this? I am guessing you haven't and as soon as you do, you will revert back to stock blue (2e) recovery. This only applies to anyone running nonvoodoo as none of the voodoo kernels are stock, they are all custom. I spent days working on this a while back while still on EB01. CWM-All will stick until you flash a stock kernel or ROM containing a stock kernel. The best way to avoid this is to flash a custom kernel. Times_infinity, jt1134, and imnuts all have put out custom nonvoodoo kernels which will work just fine. Otherwise as soon as you flash a stock kernel, regardless of the method or what else you have on your phone, you will revert back to stock recovery. Hope this info helps.

Reactions: FearTheGhost13

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali