Official Bixby feedback

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I've yet to even open bixby up. Samsung needed to wait until it was fully functional and something people actually would have interest in. All I have done is updated mine then immediately closed it. I'll use my Google cards which I use daily. It's where I get my article fix.

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I've yet to even open bixby up. Samsung needed to wait until it was fully functional and something people actually would have interest in. All I have done is updated mine then immediately closed it. I'll use my Google cards which I use daily. It's where I get my article fix.

It would be so much more useful as a convenience key to a function of our choosing, might look into those remapping package disabler apps

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
It would be so much more useful as a convenience key to a function of our choosing, might look into those remapping package disabler apps
Let me know if you get that figured out as I would definitely want to change the function of the key to be something else.

Coffeeman

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I've completely disabled Bixby using Package Disabler Pro. No Root required. Now, when I hit the Bixby button, nothing happens.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Carrier updates keep disabling the remapping packages. T-Mobile's latest update has done just that.

BXActions was updated to work again within a few hours.

I re-enabled it last night to test an s-voice setting and Bixby couldnt even answer what the weather was. I figured it had to be a mistake so I reset Bixby and rebooted. She still couldnt give me the weather.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I don't know about you guys, but I'm loving Bixby. Makes everything easier from the simple task of asking about the weather, or going into settings without toggling through the screen such as optimizing the phone, composing emails and text through voice, opening various apps, taking screen shots, taking actual photos,etc. My observation is - you have to develop a relationship with Bixby. Give her feedback by pressing the "Like" button in her dialogue box if she did something right, or press "Teach Me" if she didn't get what you asked for or show her the word(s) she didn't understand. That way she learns and adapts to you.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I don't know about you guys, but I'm loving Bixby. Makes everything easier from the simple task of asking about the weather, or going into settings without toggling through the screen such as optimizing the phone, composing emails and text through voice, opening various apps, taking screen shots, taking actual photos,etc. My observation is - you have to develop a relationship with Bixby. Give her feedback by pressing the "Like" button in her dialogue box if she did something right, or press "Teach Me" if she didn't get what you asked for or show her the word(s) she didn't understand. That way she learns and adapts to you.

Interesting that yours is giving you the weather and mine just says "Im sorry I didnt catch that" even though it shows right on the screen "whats the current weather".

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting tired of having to download all the updates from the Galaxy App Store for something I can't use. How do you access the voice part of Bixby? I have no icons to select from in my app drawer. Also, when I push the dedicated button I just get the home screen for Bixby which looks just like Google cards.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting tired of having to download all the updates from the Galaxy App Store for something I can't use. How do you access the voice part of Bixby? I have no icons to select from in my app drawer. Also, when I push the dedicated button I just get the home screen for Bixby which looks just like Google cards.

If you didnt get accepted for the beta voice wont be available yet. If you were accepted you would have received a prompt in Bixby to set up voice.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Interesting that yours is giving you the weather and mine just says "Im sorry I didnt catch that" even though it shows right on the screen "whats the current weather".

Maybe you have to reset Bixby? Like uninstall and install? Since I discovered I got Bixby voice on my phone I never had a problem with the weather and most common commands/questions. Always tells me by voice what the current temp is and if a cloudy day, sunny, or rain.
There was another update today too.

RiverCity.45

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Latest update for beta testers has the ability to set a voice password. This allows you to use Bixby from a screen that is off and locked. A very good step in the right direction, and something I and others have requested.

Lisa Newman-Mathews

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
How do you get Bixby Voice to work? There's no option in setting for it. I thought Bixby was gonna be more useful then my Goggle Asstiant but it does nothing but give me news feeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seroo