[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. I am running an Evo with CM7 Build 21. I use my GPS alot, and have been switching to Fresh 3.5.0.1 when needed. One thing that I have noticed in the last few builds, is that with my GPS off in CM7, the GPS signal icon in the notification bar will display with the center dot blinking. I have confirmed many times that my GPS is off, but it will still intermittently do this. Has anyone else noticed this? I have read the last 15 pages or so and haven't seen it mentioned.

Love the ROM, but this is bugging me.

I suspect something in the background is polling for location data and the flashing icon is telling you that. Anything that might want periodic location? Tasker/Setting profiles/Locale? Weather widget?

fishtank#AC

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I suspect something in the background is polling for location data and the flashing icon is telling you that. Anything that might want periodic location? Tasker/Setting profiles/Locale? Weather widget?
I had thought of that. But I recently did a full wipe and have a light app load at the moment. I have never had this issue before either, up until a couple of CM7 Builds ago. It doesn't seem to cause any issues, but it is odd.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
here you go:

here's the link to the xda thread:

[THEME] Themes for CM7 - xda-developers

here's the theme that I used:

Sublime_Cyan_CM7_Nighly_EVO.zip

here's the icon pack i used:

Sublime_Cyan_Extras.zip

have fun!

Have been trying to get one of these themes to work but just getting bootloops and no responses to my requests for advice. Running CM7 build 18 and using CW recovery v 3.0.0.5 per instructions. Trying to use the Bliss theme....anyone???

mgianni19

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
here you go:

here's the link to the xda thread:

[THEME] Themes for CM7 - xda-developers

here's the theme that I used:

Sublime_Cyan_CM7_Nighly_EVO.zip

here's the icon pack i used:

Sublime_Cyan_Extras.zip

have fun!

White Horse, Thank you. My only question is, I am on the XDA site but I don't see a link to download the individual themes. I only see a link for CM7 Nightlies, Extras, Wallpaper and Fonts. Where is the link for the Theme?

SHO_ONE#IM

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. I am running an Evo with CM7 Build 21. I use my GPS alot, and have been switching to Fresh 3.5.0.1 when needed. One thing that I have noticed in the last few builds, is that with my GPS off in CM7, the GPS signal icon in the notification bar will display with the center dot blinking. I have confirmed many times that my GPS is off, but it will still intermittently do this. Has anyone else noticed this? I have read the last 15 pages or so and haven't seen it mentioned.

Love the ROM, but this is bugging me.

I'm using CM6 at the moment for the same reason... I would like to flash back over to CM7, but no GPS = Last straw. I use google voice and think its a hell of a lot better than Sprints Visual Voicemail. I miss the 4G but I can live without; however as often as I use GPS I just can't use it yet. I'm waiting for one of us to post that the GPS issues have been fixed. I was looking at the Evervolv Rom and it supposedly fixed its GPS issues and thanked the CM team for the help.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Not having GPS is kind of annoying to me too. One other thing that has me concerned is the talk over a possible security weakness found in Gingerbread. Should we be concerned that hackers can get access to our SD cards since we have rooted and flashed a possibly weak (security-wise) Rom???

Here's one of the stories: http://androidheadlines.com/2011/01/android-2-3-gingerbread-security-flaw-reveals-microsd-contents-to-hackers.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+Androidheadlinescom+(AndroidHeadlines.com)&utm_content=Twitter

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
NOTHING has changed since build 18! Look at the file sizes and if your still wondering, compare the actual files.

Wait until you see a change in the file size before flashing, otherwise youre basically flashing the same rom over ....

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
NOTHING has changed since build 18! Look at the file sizes and if your still wondering, compare the actual files.

Wait until you see a change in the file size before flashing, otherwise youre basically flashing the same rom over ....

The file size of the zipped ROM not changing does NOT mean that the ROM hasn't changed.

If you want to know what has/hasn't changed, you need to check the commits on GitHub that go in before each nightly is built.

Believe me, there are plenty of changes that go in every day.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The file size of the zipped ROM not changing does NOT mean that the ROM hasn't changed.

If you want to know what has/hasn't changed, you need to check the commits on GitHub that go in before each nightly is built.

Believe me, there are plenty of changes that go in every day.

Yeah, commits dont go in immediately. Look how long the wimax commits were sitting around. Download a file checker, and compare if you dont believe me.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I may be blind, but I cannot find the setting to show battery percentage. Also, new to this, but are ther any change logs to speak of for the nightlies? Thanks

dances1000

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't have my phone sitting in front of me but I believe it is settings-cyanogen settings-?? like display or u/i or?? Look around in there it has options to change notification colors etc.

dances1000

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I may be blind, but I cannot find the setting to show battery percentage. Also, new to this, but are ther any change logs to speak of for the nightlies? Thanks

Yeah bro it's setting>CyanogenMod Settings>User Interface(U/I)>Status Bar>Battery Percentage

just check it and go!

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The battery percentage in the status bar hasnt been brought over from CM6 yet.

There is no official changelog for nightlys, but ill try to keep everyone in this thread updated.

New in build 22 - Build in CPU controls under perfomance settings, Battery % on lockscreen all the time under interface settings, and phone goggles which is an app under applications in Cm settings that filters out-going information and secures your phone from grubby hands :p

GPS is working for me, but its still iffy.
Some other technical stuff, but thats the stuff you'll see.

Reactions: Bigfire

bnrbranding

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else getting FC with voice search? I really miss it and I don't want to uninstall search to reinstall since I have heard of issues with mapping the search button once you remove the app. Any ideas?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfoot715