Official Froyo Update on the Epic on Dec 26th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't ever remember Epic saying they'd have Froyo by September...

Most of us assumed November. So are they late? Yes- but not by the amount of drama so many of the Samsung bashers say. As far as the HTC love- I'd be all in if they'd make MORE PHONES. 1 decent phone per provider is not enough!

Verizon: Droid Incredible - not available for months- and too small for many of us- no keyboard alternative to the poorly designed Moto Droid sliders.

Tmobile: until G2, nothing! G2 is still too small for many. Small keyboard, (Touch Pro 2 still the best IMHO) small 3.7" screen.

ATT: Aria? Are you SERIOUS? Sense UI on a screen the size of a phone from 2 years ago.

Sprint: Evo 4g- landmark phone for ANDROID- but it was ancient tech compared to the Tmobile HD2 which came months before but Sprint's version with the added benefit of a front facing cam and 4g and a superior OS.

Sure, I'd be all over an HTC phone with a 4" SLCD screen and slider qwerty the likes of the TouchPro2... but they don't make it. Nor will they from the looks of things.

The Samsung Galaxy S with all it's shortcomings and glitches (many of which are probably due to carrier mandated issues) was a landmark event for Android and was probably a more important event in Android history than the Droid 2 launch.

Samsung should have placed greater focus on 2.2 on these devices rather than pushing out bargain phones like the transform and intercept and probably should have kept the phones more consistent with the Galaxy Tab and with each other in the Galaxy S line just for fewer bugs and the possibility of testing froyo and getting it out quicker- but I still say no other manufacturer has done more for Android- supporting ALL US and worldwide carriers than Samsung.

It'd be great to see HTC and Moto step up in this regard- or even the high end LG phones to come stateside- but they just don't seem to have what it takes... so of course, their support for the FEW DEVICES they do have in the market need to be supported well!

I don't like waiting either- but really, even if I didn't have a contract- there's no phone on the market right now that I'd rather have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110