[OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Discussion

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Speculation

I don't understand why UK based sim-free owners are surprised by carriers pushing out the JB update first. Exactly the same thing happened last time with the S2 and ICS.

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site

most people from s2 who are on s3 should be surprised they're actually getting jellybean in a timely manner this time.
and the reason people are finding it strange, including myself, is that sim-free means no carrier has to approve it. it should go from Samsung to us direct. Instead of Samsung, then carrier, then us.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

this is my 1st Sammy though so it is bit of a shock tbh lol
id blindly thought that because samsung are so close to google through the nenus projects.... i was wrong :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

alan sh

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

Me too - I thought unbranded would get the upgrade first. But so far, no updates!

Alan

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes, it takes time to get the update because Samsung and your service provider don't want to overload the servers by allowing all the customers to download at once. Hope you get it soon. :) I am in Canada and no news from any of the service providers yet. :(

Apple seems fine rolling out iOS updates to millions of users all at once.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Apple seems fine rolling out iOS updates to millions of users all at once.

only a few devices run ios though mate.
in this case though i blame Samsung. we're being told unlocked (pure samsung) s3s in the UK wont be updated till early november yet most of the big UK carriers have rolled it out already lol... to me, thats a samsung problem ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Other countries are getting unlocked JB and UK still left behind. Makes no sense, knowing that it was launched here.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Right now if you are willing to take a risk... Root and flash CM 10

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

guys you dont even need a pc to root the gs3 flashing a custom rom is SUPER EASY after you get your custom recovery installed their is no risk (basically)
GET YO JELLYBEAN ON!!!!

WHY WAIT OTA UPDATES SUCK!!

CM10 IS ULTRA AWESOME!!!!

and if all other logic fails...just remember ....EVERYONE'S DOIN IT:D

Sent from my SPH-M820 using Android Central Forums

Sazura65

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes, it takes time to get the update because Samsung and your service provider don't want to overload the servers by allowing all the customers to download at once. Hope you get it soon. :) I am in Canada and no news from any of the service providers yet. :(

TELUS just announced today the the Galaxy S III is getting Jelly Bean "Late November" :) I'm sure Bell and Rodgers aren't far behind either.

TELUS Samsung Galaxy S III estimated to receive Jelly Bean "Late November," Note and GS II X "Late December" | MobileSyrup.com

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

guys you dont even need a pc to root the gs3 flashing a custom rom is SUPER EASY after you get your custom recovery installed their is no risk (basically)
GET YO JELLYBEAN ON!!!!

Don't say OTA's suck. CM10 does OTA's now too :).

That being said I think the official JB rom just leaked LJ7 on XDA. Not the normal leaks either. That being said, if you don't know what an S3 is like on CM10 or AOKP...wow you are really missing out on every front. Looks (themes), speed, stability, customization, tweaks. Pretty awesome and by far the easiest thing to do.

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

GET YO JELLYBEAN ON!!!!

Don't say OTA's suck. CM10 does OTA's now too :).

That being said I think the official JB rom just leaked LJ7 on XDA. Not the normal leaks either. That being said, if you don't know what an S3 is like on CM10 or AOKP...wow you are really missing out on every front. Looks (themes), speed, stability, customization, tweaks. Pretty awesome and by far the easiest thing to do.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

how do cyanogen OTA work then? sounds pretty cool man. do they work in any country and do you lose data?

in the past i always used vanilla roms.. never CM

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

Got Jellybean on Vodafone UK yesterday. Updated through Kies as i couldn't wait for the OTA.

Sent from my GT-I9300

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

woohoo woke up thismornin and checked as always and got put in OTA queue. gona try kies later :)