Official 'I just pre-ordered my LG G5' Thread!

Dazo

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Still debating between getting it from Sprint or Bestbuy. Planning on getting a 2yr contact option.

Bestbuy has it for $99 with extra battery n cradle.
Sprint has it for $150 (after $50 mail in coupon) with an extra battery n cradle. Plus a $150 credit if I turn in a device.

Thing is, the device I have to turn in has a bit of a cracked screen. I'd have to pay to get it fixed.
If Sprint had been offering a 360 cam like Verizon n T-mobile I would've gone w them.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered mine through Best Buy in cosmic pink :) I'm so excited to get it. Sprint's preorder was only available for monthly installments. I don't do monthly installments. I still have the old contract and I don't want to change. I've been with them a LOOONG time and they don't offer my contract anymore. I don't want to change it because it's too good.

NineToTheSky

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I have ordered it from Amazon UK. On the day I ordered it - but not since - they were giving away the B&O earphones. But when I ordered the G5 there was nothing to say that I would get the earphones, so I phoned them. After a long and involved conversation, they agreed that that the lack of confirmation wasn't exactly ideal, so I persuaded them to send me an email confirming it. I'm still concerned that there doesn't seem to be anything in the system about it though.

pwaikon

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I'm here after trying not-to pre-order ('cos my G3 is only 8 months old :p ). I finally caved in and placed my order for titanium G5 with 2 year monthly payment plan (29,10€ /month). Man, it feels goood to cave in :cool:

I don't regret my decision to pre-order 'cos all the hands-on videos and reviews that I've read have clearly pointed that the G5 will beat my G3 hands down: modularity, better cameras, better audio, sharper screen, faster chip, new UX etc. I'm sure that when I get the G5 in my hands I will mutter: "Geesh, the G3 was bad!" :p

Edit: forgot to mention that in Finland, the pre-order bonus is a free Cam Plus module that normally will cost 99€ :)

Last edited:

LGG5guy

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Everything I have read is amazing. The video and photos are clean and sharp with excellent blacks and white whites. Can't wait to shoot time lapse and HDR!

best buy suuuucks

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Yep, I'm here after trying not-to pre-order ('cos my G3 is only 8 months old :p ). I finally caved in and placed my order for titanium G5 with 2 year monthly payment plan (29,10€ /month). Man, it feels goood to cave in :cool:

I don't regret my decision to pre-order 'cos all the hands-on videos and reviews that I've read have clearly pointed that the G5 will beat my G3 hands down: modularity, better cameras, better audio, sharper screen, faster chip, new UX etc. I'm sure that when I get the G5 in my hands I will mutter: "Geesh, the G3 was bad!" :p

Edit: forgot to mention that in Finland, the pre-order bonus is a free Cam Plus module that normally will cost 99€ :)

I don't know how to post without quoting someone just yet.

Ive been following my best buy pre order very closely. I find it alarming that placing my ore order on the 22nd has had zero effect on my arrival date. For example, on tuesday I had to upgrade my shipping from free.... to expedited(11.98) for the phone to arrive by the first(release day)... When originally just placing a pre order and using free shipping would get it to me by release day.

Now this morning I check under my order status and the only way yo insure it will arrive by tomorrow is to upgrade the shipping again (add another $8 to the 11.98 making it 19.98) to next day air in order to guarantee I'll receive the phone on release day!???

Why did I place a pre order at all!?! I could have walked into the store on release day at 10am.... paid $99 zero shipping and had the phone faster than I will pre ordering and paying $20 shipping!?! Why is it the customers responsibility to check on their irder every day, and upgrade shipping each day... just to be sure we will get a phone that we pre ordered as much as 2 weeks ago!?! Then forcing then to upgrade shipping.... why can't I just change my order from shipping to pick up in store.... Because best buy wouldn't make an extra $20 on each phone order from extorting us all for premium shipping when they can't deliver on their end.

Last edited by a moderator:

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how to post without quoting someone just yet.

Ive been following my best buy pre order very closely. I find it alarming that placing my ore order on the 22nd has had zero effect on my arrival date. For example, on tuesday I had to upgrade my shipping from free.... to expedited(11.98) for the phone to arrive by the first(release day)... When originally just placing a pre order and using free shipping would get it to me by release day.

Now this morning I check under my order status and the only way yo insure it will arrive by tomorrow is to upgrade the shipping again (add another $8 to the 11.98 making it 19.98) to next day air in order to guarantee I'll receive the phone on release day!???

Why did I place a pre order at all!?! I could have walked into the store on release day at 10am.... paid $99 zero shipping and had the phone faster than I will pre ordering and paying $20 shipping!?! Why is it the customers responsibility to check on their irder every day, and upgrade shipping each day... just to be sure we will get a phone that we pre ordered as much as 2 weeks ago!?! Then forcing then to upgrade shipping.... why can't I just change my order from shipping to pick up in store.... Because best buy wouldn't make an extra $20 on each phone order from extorting us all for premium shipping when they can't deliver on their end.

they charge for shipping? That sucks

I was following the GS7 pre orders and people were getting them faster by walking into the Best Buy nearby. Might want to just do that tomorrow morning.

mackie99

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I preordered from T-mobile on Tuesday and received it yesterday (Wednesday). Haven't had much time to play around with it. I do miss the app drawer.

best buy suuuucks

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
they charge for shipping? That sucks

I was following the GS7 pre orders and people were getting them faster by walking into the Best Buy nearby. Might want to just do that tomorrow morning.

When I orige placed the pre order... shipping was free. I contacted them earlier today and will be reimbursed the upgraded shipping fees of $20. For those who have preordered with best buy you should now be able to check your order status and at least see its moved from pre ordered... To being prepared to ship. I then called the autated best buy and after getting it to tell me about the items to be shipped it gave me the option for tracking info. Which gave me a tracking number that is valid... but hasn't been handed over to ups just yet!! So, while we didnt get them early like others, it does appear at the moment we will be getting them tomorrow on time.... Wheeeewww!!!

Vin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you get your shipment? My order via Best By dot com, did the same thing: it moved from processing to preparing. At this point I can see two UPS tracking numbers: one for the phone and one for the free accessory bundle. Both tracking numbers show that they are awaiting to be picked up.

I spent several hours at a Verizon store and at a Best Buy (they are right next to each other). I couldn't cancel my Best Buy order at all. I spoke to Customer Service in the store and on the phone. The Verizon store had it in stock but couldn't sell me a phone because my upgrade had been used by the Best Buy pre order. Best Buy couldn't void my agreement. Also their customer service showed an estimated delivery date for May 13th. Really?! I'm sure it must just be a default shipment date because it hasn't been picked up by UPS yet.

No idea why I even figured I had to pre-order. People aren't lining up to get these things.

best buy suuuucks

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Did you get your shipment? My order via Best By dot com, did the same thing: it moved from processing to preparing. At this point I can see two UPS tracking numbers: one for the phone and one for the free accessory bundle. Both tracking numbers show that they are awaiting to be picked up.

I spent several hours at a Verizon store and at a Best Buy (they are right next to each other). I couldn't cancel my Best Buy order at all. I spoke to Customer Service in the store and on the phone. The Verizon store had it in stock but couldn't sell me a phone because my upgrade had been used by the Best Buy pre order. Best Buy couldn't void my agreement. Also their customer service showed an estimated delivery date for May 13th. Really?! I'm sure it must just be a default shipment date because it hasn't been picked up by UPS yet.

No idea why I even figured I had to pre-order. People aren't lining up to get these things.

Hey!! I'm sorry to hear this... and I can say I completely feel your pain. I did receive shipping info yesterday and will get my handset today... but my bundle shipped today. The one good bit of info I can hopefully give you is it will more than likely be to you the very next business day... that very sadly is going to be Monday. I'm so very sorry bro.

I'll take time to type what I had to go through to be sure my phone came today.

I literally tried to be the very first person to pre order the phone. I still have a g2 that has 1080p display and outstanding battery life. So when the g3 and g4 came out... I got them, but returned each one within the 14 days because of the huge drain of the qhd display vs 1080p and the performance difference IMHO wasn't there.

I only mention this so you can have some idea of just how excited I am to get this phone!! I had picked up the g4 for $1 and had to make the tough choice of wiaitng for g5 or keeping g4 and being stuck with 808 for 2 more years... I bit the bullet and held out!! Wiiiishing for a 5.3 with removable battery, even wiiiishing for extra battery and cradle which all came to be!!!

So, like I was saying before I was super geeked out and I literally watched the button turn from coming soon in grey, to pre order in yellow!!!! I ordered at 1:30am on the 18th and was stoked I had the phone and only needed to wait until it arrived.

I debated on in store pickup and shipping. But having read that so many get the device early when choosing to have it shipped... I couldn't resist!!!

Needless to say I received an email from BB Corporate on the 21st saying that they had realized the accessory bundle wasn't included with my pre order so they had added it. It went on to specifically say no further action was needed from me... even to enjoy my new phone. (I know this is long, but this is where it gets interesting)

I then, always wanting to prevent any issues ahead of time... go to my best buy orsr status to be sure they did actually add the accessory bundle. Thing is, when I look at my order... they had added the bundle. But while doing this, they had canceled my pre order of the phone!!!!

If I hadn't checked, I would have literally received a bundle with no handset!!! Because I am on top of the situation... I'm one of the first people to call into best buy about it. I spend 6 hours that evening trying to figure out how they can add the phone back onto my pre order so I don't lose my "place" in pre order line.

After 6 hours of stress I fiiiinally speak with a guy in the mobile back office that says corporate made the mistake, and once it was cancelled the only way to get it back was to cancel the entire ore order and re pre order the phone.

So I very reluctantly agree to let him do this and after he cancels the order and makes certain my upgrade with sprint is good to go. I hang up and try to re place the pre order of the phone. (Big buzzer sound)...

No matter what I try, phone lap top, different browser, deleting cookies and cache, I can not re pre order the phone. More calls... bb ends up closing... I write emails to customer service for help... even president of customer experience. (Still to this day have yet to get any response... inspite of an automatic response that confirms they had received my emails). Nothing.

Fiiinally around 1:30 am on the 22nd I could re ore order the handset. This time the accessory bundle was included... and with free shipping I'd have the phone for the first.

Tuesday comes, I start to get excited and am checking my order to see if I'll get lucky and receive shipping info early... I end up finding out that free shipping is going to get me the phone for the 5th and the only way I can guarantee I'll have it the 1st is to upgrade shipping to expedited shipping which is ups 2nd day. I don't like it but $12 isn't keeping me from getting my phone so I pay.

Wednesday evening rolls around and no shipping info!?!? They had promised if I paid more, I'd have it with the ups two day shipping upgrade. I go online and findnout that expedited only guarantees me for the 4th(Monday) and the only way I could get it the first was to pay for express shipping ups next day air... I paid.

Yesterday comes, my order still hasn't moved. I called to best buy asked for a superviser.... before I spoke... I asked him..."Sir, can you tell me why a customer would want to place a pre order with best buy!? Could you tell me what are the advantages of placing a ore order? I mean what would you expect if you placed a ore order for an item!?"

He answered me and told me everything any normal person would want to hear. So I aksed him.... then why is it with my ore order all Ive managed to do is order myself a whole nightmares owrth of headaches... and I went on to tell him everything you've read above.

I finished with, if I can't have a tracking number by end if your business day today that promises the phone will be Herr on time tomorrow... I want the order cancelled. DO NOT send me a tracking number that says my ore order will be here on the 4th... as once its shipped, I'll be forced to wait until it arrives... I can't go to the store while you have me tied up with a ore order.

By 5pm yesterday I had a tracking number for the phone!!!!

The kicker is, this morning when I woke up to check status on the accessory bundle... it had moved to back ordered!?!?! So allllllll that mess and headaches to add an accessory bundle to my ore order that they wouldn't even have!?!?!?!!

When I called this morning and told them that one.... the rep didn't even know what to say. I let him off easy, as I'm thankful for the phone and he did assure at the very earliest possibility... the would get me the bundle. This evening... I received shipping info for it as well!!!

Let this epic drama... Typos and all serve as what may or may not happen to you... should you choose to ore order a handset with BB in the future!!

I am not in any way shape or form a rude or grumpy or whatever kind of person.... I know I haven't presented my self well here since signing up. I just would like you all and the moderators to know I am forever thankful for at least having somewhere to post how I was feeling about this situation!!!

To all my fellow BB pre order brothers and sisters.... I wish you the very BEST of luck!!!!!! No pun intended of course!!!!

pwaikon

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
It's been a week since I placed my pre-order and unfortunately I must say that I'm gonna call my carrier on monday and cancel my pre-order :( These past few days have risen a uncertainty within me regarding the G5. I've watch so many unboxing videos and read articles and comments about G5 build quality being uneven across the board that I cannot justify myself to spend 700€ and not be sure to get a flawless unit. For me, this is a pointless money spending specially when I have a 8 months old G3 that works absolutely fine. So I'm gonna backtrack and continue using my G3 for the next 6 months or so. Then I'll revisit the G5. By that point the price has come down and hopefully the build quality has been fixed :)

LG G5. For now, No but surely Yes in the future. :cool:

foot1281

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I was also having pre-order issues with BestBuy. Called Saturday afternoon and asked the CSR if he could tell me the day I could expect it because status still said Preorder...MAY 18TH! HAHA...so he ended up finding out that the closest BestBuy location to me (20min) had the phone I wanted. He switched it to in store pick up and told me to just go over there with a copy of my invoice and explain the situation to them. He told me if i waited to get the in store pick up notification there was a chance they could have sold out and i would have had to wait longer. Something about it having to go through a verification process again through that store. So after a 45min wait at the store i was walking out with the phone i should have received Friday. Moral of the story, no more preorders for home delivery though Best Buy for this guyy! haha

Robert McF1

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I pre-ordered on the 3rd of this month (my htc m8 died otherwise i would have waited) and got it on the 8th. Seems out of stock now. I'm in the uk and bought it off a carrier contract with o2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware