[OFFICIAL ROM] Sprint OTA Gingerbread 4.22.651.2 UPDATE!!!!

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
for those who said it would take a couple of days for the rooted version of the OTA update to be ready....think again!!

and xHausx has uploaded both odexed and deodexed versions (only is ROM and kernel...you will need to flash the Radio and PRI separately)

heres the xda link:
xHausx's thread: [ROM][STOCK] --- Version 4.22.651.2 --- odexed & deodexed --- - xda-developers

here's the link to the new Radios: [ Radios ][ 6-3 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions - xda-developers

Enjoy!! ;)

Last edited:

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I suggest we all wait unless you know what you're doing. Thus update is sketchy, wait for others to get smacked by the bugs and problems ;)

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I suggest we all wait unless you know what you're doing. Thus update is sketchy, wait for others to get smacked by the bugs and problems ;)

o trust me....as VERY patient! i've been running CM7 and love my setup...but I love flashing different ROMs and I want to see the new Sense-based GB ROMs that there will be!

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

That's what nandroid's are for! ;) I'll probably load this up just to check it out. Virus is an amazing Developer so I'm sure he'll be fixing the bugs a lot quicker that Sprint or HTC will. But I'm loving my AOSP EVO-Deck ROM, so I doubt I'll be running this ROM for any lengthy period of time. :p

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Think I'll still give it some time. I read that the brightness bug is still there and that some were using the #15 kernel from the froyo build. Yeah, going to hold off still.

I'm good with CM7 and as of yesterday I started to play with Vaelek's AOSP Rom. Its 2.3.3, but still an early build and he doesn't have everything in yet.

Jred

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
So, can anyone direct me on how to update the Radios?

I've got the OTA rooted rom, and i've got the radios, i know how to do the rooted rom, but not sure ont he radios.

Do i just rename the RADIO2.15.00.05.02_PRI2.15_003-signed.zip file to pcimg36.zip or pc36img.zip or whatever the filename is?

I ask because I think i foo-barred my radio's a while back when I didn't know how to properly root and can't get 4G anymore, although my wife can with a stock evo in the same room as me.

Jred

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, nevermind, looks like the Radio is in the file i downloaded for the ROM.

I'm curious, is it still the preferred method to whipe all the caches available and reinstall all my apps and restore contacts?

or is there a better way to update without wiping everything.

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
when flashing ROMs, it is recommended to nandroid backup and backup apps and SMS/MMS with Titanium Backup or MyBackup Root then do a full wipe

tell us how the ROM is once its completely loaded for ya

Jred

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
hmm, backups went ok, but so far when i try to apply the zip file the install aborts, from either rom manager or clockwork.

EDIT***

Doh, was trying the wrong ROM, hehe.........

Jred

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now that i'm using the correct ROM, i'm back to my original question.

This rom provided in this thread, doesn't contain the Radios file inside of the superconic*.zip file provided.

How do I go about or what is the process to update the radio to 2.0?

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Jred

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

Did the update, all went well. Only issues I had was that my Scene didn't get backed up, so I have to re-set that up.

Also, it keeps saying I have 6 voicemails at the notification bar and I can't clear it. When I dial VM it says I have none, and there are none in the VM app, and I don't know how to clear that notification.

Otherwise, all is good. New clock kinda updates funny though, but otherwise I like the new transition effects and the fastboot option.

Jred

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
So, that didn't work BTW, I downloaded the combo zip, went into ClockWork, chose install from zip, picked the zip from the sdcard, stuff flashed by SUPER QUICK, faster than I could read, and rebooted and everything is at the same old versions of Baseboard, PRI and whatnot.

Please advise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds