Ok. An Evo for a day coming from webOS: here is my $.02 verdict

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm still used to looking at the bottom for notifications. I still haven't went in and customized the ringer sounds and notifications...Speaking of which, anyone find an Android alternative to the Pre's Free Music Ringtones app?? I use Zedge right now, because I used the website for some ringtones for my Pre.

I've been downloading from the Android Market and I think I've already surpassed the number of apps downloaded on my Pre and all except for one was free!

I really liked the RainDance ringtone on my Pre. I transferred all my music and ringtones to my computer and hopefully I will be able to put that ringtone on my Evo. That is, once I figure out how to add ring tones and music to this phone.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I really liked the RainDance ringtone on my Pre. I transferred all my music and ringtones to my computer and hopefully I will be able to put that ringtone on my Evo. That is, once I figure out how to add ring tones and music to this phone.

Create a folder on your sd card called "media/audio/ringtones" you can also create a "notifications" and "alarms"

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I think the reason I like the phone more than the Pre' is I like a very technical device and enjoy customizing. Which with the Pre'/webOS you could not do without rooting your device, which can be a pain from some points of view. I really think that WebOS was actually too simplified, which in my opinion limited the operating system in some areas. An the build quality of the Pre' was teerrible.

I just have to say though, this is my first Android or HTC device and I must say I am sold!

So if you enjoy a very advanced and customizable device than you will love the EVO. Not to mention it has a much better screen (Size and Touch response).

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana