Ok Samsung its September....

cjpp78

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Love this hardware and even like the tw interface of samsung pretty good. My gps does work with some tweaks i made to settings, little slow but works. I hope samsung comes out with a fix for the few bugs and android 2.2 this month or next. I would like to keep this phone into the next year but..If samsung doesn't step up in next two months ill jump ship. sell captivate on ebay and get what ever dual core android or wp7 phone available at time.

mrmanishs

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Half-time and no updates

So it's mid-September, and no updates. i have to decide in a week if I risk that the updates will come through or if I return it for another phone that may update better <like when I had the iPhone, which I would prefer not to do>.

Anyone have any updates?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
going to the iphone isn't going to fix anything. you're simply exchanging inadequacies. I'm sure Samsung is going to push it back as far as possible to get as much beta testing in as they can before releasing it. I mean apple did the same thing when they pushed MMS to almost the last day of summer so they could claim they were still within their window

hayesb2

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
60% into the Sept. and still no GPS fix, and no Froyo....So some of you honestly think that AT&T/Samsung are going to deliver OTA updates sometime in the next 10 days??

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Well I was at Colonie NY middle of a rifle range clear sunny day. Altitude is about 750 ft. was not able to get a gps fix. Even with the gps status program.
Then I was at Shippensburg PA. At another range again about 675 ft.and was not able to get a gps fix their either. Glad I don't need to use it for an emergency situation.