On but not booting - SM-T280 TAB A6

CalculusJedi

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site
Out of the blue, my TAB A6 would not boot up correctly. It powered on and became stuck on this screen: <a href='http://mathfanatics.com/android/05.jpg' target='_blank'>LINK</a> with the animation looping over and over. I tried a hard reset. Vol Up - Home - Pwr keys and this sequence of screens happened...
01s.jpg02s.jpg03s.jpg
Then the screen goes blank and nothing else happens.

Tried turning it back on, and I'm back to the endless booting screen.
I cannot seem to find any reference to the dead android screen with the exclamation mark.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I thought there may be a way for me to repair it by connecting it to a PC, but Win10 does not even acknowledge that anything is connected.

Last edited:

CalculusJedi

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site
Completely unresponsive to Power/Volume Up. The only way that I can get it to power down is to disconnect the battery. Once the battery is reconnected, I turn it on and I'm back in the same cycle ending with the dead android (see image) followed by a blank screen and then the samsung screen (see image) that has now been going for hours.
03s.jpg05s.jpg

What does the dead android screen mean anyway?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Completely unresponsive to Power/Volume Up. The only way that I can get it to power down is to disconnect the battery. Once the battery is reconnected, I turn it on and I'm back in the same cycle ending with the dead android (see image) followed by a blank screen and then the samsung screen (see image) that has now been going for hours.
View attachment 312604View attachment 312605

What does the dead android screen mean anyway?
Once you see the bot can you try once more power and volume up take to recovery?

CalculusJedi

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site
Volume Down/Power restarts the process and ends at the Samsung screen again.

Volume Down/Power/Home ends the same as well.

Volume UP/Power/Home does absolutely nothing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Forget to mention in recovery by the dead bot if volume up /power don't work one more time after then try on that bot both volume button same time and power simultaneously rapid sessions until recovery page to do factory reset comes up

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can try connecting the tab to a PC and running

adb devices
or
fastboot devices

(you'll have to have the Samsung driver and ADB and Fastboot Tool installed) to see if there's a response from either one. It looks as if the ROM is totally gone, recovery as well as Android, but enough of recovery is there for the bootloader to load it - then you get the "dead Andy", which is a bad recovery partition.

If you get a response (it's the tablet's serial number), there may be some hope. Head over to https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-a and see if one of the devs has any way of booting the boot.img file. (If Android is there [Recovery has to load Android - if Recovery is damaged, you're normally dead at that point] booting boot.ing should get you back to Android. Then restarting and flashing it will get you back to normal booting. [Then there's still the problem of Recovery, but there might be a TWRP for that tablet.)

Otherwise, one of the devs may know of a way of forcing a ROM into the tablet without being able to get to download mode. I assume you've tried that - Volume Down + Home + Power button - and it doesn't work. (You may have to hold all of them for as long as 30 seconds.) If it does, just choose download mode by pressing Volume Up. From there, you can flash a new stock ROM. (See [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novatian