SM-T280 TAB A6 dims while booting

fx3000se

Jan 29, 2022
Visit site
I have mounted my Samsung Galaxy Tab SM-T280 on my motorcycle.

Although connected to the battery it happens ( ie not always ) that the tablet "dims" when booting, i.e. becomes darker and then remains in this "state". In this "state", the brightness and other screen settings cannot be changed.

It can also happen that the tablet boots with full illumination and only "gets darker" after a certain time.

What could be the cause for this? "Improper" power supply?

Many thanks for your tips/hints
Clemens

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is Adaptive Brightness on? If so, what if you turn it off? Also, make sure any power-saving modes are turned off.

fx3000se

Jan 29, 2022
Visit site
First of all: thanks for all the replies.
@mustang7757 , I guess you are trying to tease me ( english not being my native language )? What I am trying to say ( by "although" ) is, that even connected to power ( i.e. the motorbike battery ) it sometimes dims and sometimes not. If it was not connected to power I'd expect this behavior depending on the battery level.

>make sure any power-saving modes are turned off.
as the tablet is always powered I have all power-saving modes turned off and brightness is at 100%.
I'd like to repeat: when in "dimmed" mode, the tablet is running and can be "read" in dark spots. Also: when "dimmed" all the aforementioned settings are disabled and cannot be changed. To me the tablet seems to be in a kind of "save mode"

So I am coming back to my suspicion: could it be that the tablet does not get enough power from the motorbike (battery)? Maybe "enough to run" but "not enough to load the battery"? That said: what is the minimum voltage/power needed for powering the SM-T280

Thanks yet again
Clemens

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
First of all: thanks for all the replies.
@mustang7757 , I guess you are trying to tease me ( english not being my native language )? What I am trying to say ( by "although" ) is, that even connected to power ( i.e. the motorbike battery ) it sometimes dims and sometimes not. If it was not connected to power I'd expect this behavior depending on the battery level.

>make sure any power-saving modes are turned off.
as the tablet is always powered I have all power-saving modes turned off and brightness is at 100%.
I'd like to repeat: when in "dimmed" mode, the tablet is running and can be "read" in dark spots. Also: when "dimmed" all the aforementioned settings are disabled and cannot be changed. To me the tablet seems to be in a kind of "save mode"

So I am coming back to my suspicion: could it be that the tablet does not get enough power from the motorbike (battery)? Maybe "enough to run" but "not
enough to load the battery"? That said: what is the minimum voltage/power needed for powering the SM-T280

Thanks yet again
Clemens
Welcome to AC!

No not at all , no teasing i just trying understand whats happening, so the tablet not rebooting?
Motorcycle has 12v like car so should be enough voltage and it has a power outlet to connect?
Does it happen without being on the motorcycle?

fx3000se

Jan 29, 2022
Visit site
>No not at all
then sorry from my side ;-)

>so the tablet not rebooting?
it does always boot, but from time to time the screen is dimmed

>Does it happen without being on the motorcycle?
connected to a "normal" usb adpator this never happens. So my question is kind of suggestive ;-)

What adaptor would you suggest to power the SM-T280. One with 2.1Ah or a QC 3Ah-adaptor?
https://www.ebay.de/itm/393613806257
https://www.ebay.de/itm/353409084367
The SM-T280 does hot have any visible problem with my ( Xiaomi ) QC 3 adaptor

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
>No not at all
then sorry from my side ;-)

>so the tablet not rebooting?
it does always boot, but from time to time the screen is dimmed

>Does it happen without being on the motorcycle?
connected to a "normal" usb adpator this never happens. So my question is kind of suggestive ;-)

What adaptor would you suggest to power the SM-T280. One with 2.1Ah or a QC 3Ah-adaptor?
https://www.ebay.de/itm/393613806257
https://www.ebay.de/itm/353409084367
The SM-T280 does hot have any visible problem with my ( Xiaomi ) QC 3 adaptor
Use the Q c adapter if not having issues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky