One handed mode?

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering jumping back into Android. Considering several different phones (Note 4, Moto X 2014 and Nexus 6). They all have positives and negatives. One thing I am concerned with is the size of the Nexus 6 and Note 4.

The Note 4 does have a slick one handed mode. Does the Nexus 6? If if it does not, are there any apps that can be installed that will mimic a one handed mode.

beeg612

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I use Nova. I have it set up so when I'm on the home screen, if I swipe up anywhere on the screen, the app drawer pops up and, when I swipe down from anywhere on the screen, the notification shade comes down. I haven't come across anything else I need at this point. It is a big phone but it took about ten minutes to get used to it.

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I use Nova. I have it set up so when I'm on the home screen, if I swipe up anywhere on the screen, the app drawer pops up and, when I swipe down from anywhere on the screen, the notification shade comes down. I haven't come across anything else I need at this point. It is a big phone but it took about ten minutes to get used to it.

I DO THE SAME THING :D
Double tap takes me to Nova settings.

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I know lots of people gripe about having to download third party apps to get what they want. But to be completely honest, the ability to do whatever you want with the third party apps on the assist is one of the best things I've ever experienced. Especially with Nova. I've made all of my devices completely mine with the idea of a one of a kind setup. In my opinion, it all works flawlessly and I couldn't be happier to be able to customize every little detail.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I know lots of people gripe about having to download third party apps to get what they want. But to be completely honest, the ability to do whatever you want with the third party apps on the assist is one of the best things I've ever experienced. Especially with Nova. I've made all of my devices completely mine with the idea of a one of a kind setup. In my opinion, it all works flawlessly and I couldn't be happier to be able to customize every little detail.

I think it's a great option to have... 3rd party launchers.. I've tried out several (Nova included) and I am pretty happy with the stock launcher... The Nexus 6 is a beast but I actually manage okay one handed without any real issues...

but the customization options is exactly what draws me to Android the most.....

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I really dislike the look of Touchwiz and the way it occasionally (ok, rarely) adversely affects the performance of the Note 4 but the one handed use mode is just one example of all of the little touches that Samsung has added to improve the user experience. I love the Nexus 6 but I wish that if Google was going to release a phone of this size they would have included some of the same features that Samsung has included in Touchwiz to help make this behemoth a bit easier to use. I have really large hands and I struggle with it at times. Not enough to make me switch devices, but I definitely notice it from time to time. I'd go into a store and see if they have a device you can handle. The tethered display really doesn't give you a good idea as to how it feels when handling it in normal use.

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I really dislike the look of Touchwiz and the way it occasionally (ok, rarely) adversely affects the performance of the Note 4 but the one handed use mode is just one example of all of the little touches that Samsung has added to improve the user experience. I love the Nexus 6 but I wish that if Google was going to release a phone of this size they would have included some of the same features that Samsung has included in Touchwiz to help make this behemoth a bit easier to use. I have really large hands and I struggle with it at times. Not enough to make me switch devices, but I definitely notice it from time to time. I'd go into a store and see if they have a device you can handle. The tethered display really doesn't give you a good idea as to how it feels when handling it in normal use.

Touchwiz has been the bane of my existence :[
It's the main reason I hated my S4 for so long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DocBones69