One M9 owners: What are your HTC One M9 first impressions?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I just got My M9 Thurday 05/07. As Far as the Speakers go , well the 1 on the Galaxy S6 Sounds Fuller !!:D and I had a Problem when a Call Ended it didn t say it in English it said it in another Unknown Language. But what Matters Most is its 1 of the Sharpest Looking Cell I ve Ever HAD !!!

Louder sure, but fuller with only one mono speaker at the bottom? I doubt that.

I was watching a live TNT broadcast of the halftime show for the NBA game last night in Theatre mode. Damn, it sounded good. The music playing in the background during the hightlights almost sounded like it was behind me and the vocals of the commentators was projected right to me. The separation and clarity was really impressive. The speakers really shine on this phone given it is decoding a great source. I am really impressed. I could never go back to mono speaker or back speaker at this point.

Belrix Scarlet

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: HTC One M9 First Impressions

Consider me unimpressed.
Not much better than my m8, and it doesn't fit my spiegen case. It still doesn't last me a day, and turns hot as fireball.
Can anyone point me to where I can get a charging case for the m9?

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Consider me unimpressed.
Not much better than my m8, and it doesn't fit my spiegen case. It still doesn't last me a day, and turns hot as fireball.

Do you have an sd card in your phone? There might be a corrupt file on it that's creating the excessive heat and thus draining your battery

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

Consider me unimpressed.

Why would your Spiegen M8 case fit your M9 when they are a different dimensions and button placement. I know people keep saying they are exactly the same...but they are not. I have a Spiegen case on my phone right now and it fits like a glove.

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

My choices were the M9 or Nexus 6. It was a somewhat spur of the moment purchase, as my beloved Nexus 4 suddenly and dramatically died.

My first impression was that it is a solid, well made phone with a high quality feel. Almost entirely metal and glass. Hardly any plastic. The screen was not quite as rich as the N6, but still good. The speakers and sound, for a phone, are the best I've heard. Call quality is very clear. The camera gets a lot of bad reviews. I can see where there are some flaws, but honestly, it's just fine for me. I'm not a photographer, and my pictures don't have to be on par with a professional.

Everything about it runs very smoothly, and I haven't seen any lag. The current version of HTC Sense is nice. I know they overhauled it a few years ago, and I like the changes they have made. Clearly not stock Android, but well executed, and clean. I don't like the "suggested apps" widget, but that's easily removable. Blinkfeed is great, although I wish there were better news source offerings, on par with Google Newsstand. I really didn't have to change much to get things set up the way I like.

Some of the HTC supplied apps look interesting, and the additions of a shortcut button and customizable quick settings are two really nice touches, as are the touch screen gestures to wake the device up, and the shortcuts into Chrome, the phone dialer, and messaging from the lock screen.

So overall, I'm really very happy, and plan to keep it. For a relatively spur of the moment purchase, I certainly could've done much worse. My only gripe is not being able to get the gun metal finish at my T-Mobile store, but the silver looks really nice. Next time, if I have the luxury of waiting, I'll buy the unlocked version direct from HTC and avoid the T-Mo bloatware.