One UI 6.0 Beta 5

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Samsung have just released their 5th Beta update ZWK5 for those enrolled on their beta programme.

Build = F946BXXU1ZWK5

Download = 663.20 MB

Build date = 06 November 2023

Camera version = 14.0.00.43

Security patch = 01 November 2023

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

Software information

BETA 5 ZWK5 2 Screenshot_20231108_102540_Settings.jpg

Reactions: ansa82 and J Dubbs

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I am going to put my head on the chopping block and say...

This latest Beta 5 release, ZWK5, could form the basis for the crossover release from Beta to a stable Android 14, One UI 6.0, for all Fold5 users in the very near future. As in the past, they may choose to re-release this as the stable BWK5 update.

(On the other hand, I could be talking out of my rear orifice! ;))

Last edited:

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Do they ever make Google wallet tap to pay compatible with the betas? I tried the beta and loved it but had to revert due to Google Wallet not working. I got a message stating I was on "unofficial software" or something like that, and I rely on the tap to pay way too much.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Do they ever make Google wallet tap to pay compatible with the betas? I tried the beta and loved it but had to revert due to Google Wallet not working. I got a message stating I was on "unofficial software" or something like that, and I rely on the tap to pay way too much.
No, the betas are never Google certified and as per the enrolment Terms & Conditions for Beta...

hwb8Sha.png

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thought you might be on vacation @mustang7757 ! :D

It's amazing how quickly Samsung can push out updates if there are no carrier locked phones, (or carrier branded devices, in the rest of the world), involved. ;)
Haha vacation? I don't know what that is

Exactly they can send updates out around same time globally but when stable release it's goes by regions and turtle slow.

• Haha
Reactions: ironass

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Haha vacation? I don't know what that is

Exactly they can send updates out around same time globally but when stable release it's goes by regions and turtle slow.
Actually, Samsung are working towards getting rid of carrier branded devices, (we don't have carrier locked phones in Europe).

The Fold3 & Flip3 had 7 different firmwares for the U.K. alone.

Last year on the Fold4 & Flip4, this was reduced to 4.

Whilst this year sees the Fold5 & Flip5 with just 2. One stock European CSC code and one carrier branded.

This has already made for faster roll-outs to users.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Actually, Samsung are working towards getting rid of carrier branded devices, (we don't have carrier locked phones in Europe).

Whilst this year sees the Fold5 & Flip5 with just 2. One stock European CSC code and one carrier branded.

Haven't kept track of that but good to know

Reactions: ironass

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

|We'll see if carriers over in the US allow this. My money's on nah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter