OnePlus or Samsung?

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
i got huawei phone about a month back and i can say their os isnt for me. too frustrating.

checking the net, i found out huawei have some apps in their blacklist. even if you set battery optimization off for these apps, it will still close them, setting run in the background options etc they dont work. Emui closes these apps despite all these settings. some apps to monitor how you use data get closed after a while (eg. glasswire), vpns also. they displayed their always on vpn and block connections without vpn options. i watch loads of youtube in pip mode and that can only be done in a usa territory. cant even stand you cant access quick settings when screen loccked, you have to unlock the device.

so what i want to know now is, which of these phones (samsung and oneplus) doesnt behave like the emui? dont close apps even when you have them running in the background, have the always on vpn and block connections without vpn.

dont want to shell out big bucks only to end up with the same situations am encountering on emui

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i got huawei phone about a month back and i can say their os isnt for me. too frustrating.

checking the net, i found out huawei have some apps in their blacklist. even if you set battery optimization off for these apps, it will still close them, setting run in the background options etc they dont work. Emui closes these apps despite all these settings. some apps to monitor how you use data get closed after a while (eg. glasswire), vpns also. they displayed their always on vpn and block connections without vpn options. i watch loads of youtube in pip mode and that can only be done in a usa territory. cant even stand you cant access quick settings when screen loccked, you have to unlock the device.

so what i want to know now is, which of these phones (samsung and oneplus) doesnt behave like the emui? dont close apps even when you have them running in the background, have the always on vpn and block connections without vpn.

dont want to shell out big bucks only to end up with the same situations am encountering on emui
Can't go wrong with either one , Samsung or OnePlus

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
One Plus is a much "pure" OS, with less customisations and faster updates. Samsung has OneUI, which is a heavily modified Android UI. Some people love it. Some people hate it. Personally I live with it, since all the unique Note experience relies on it.

But, based on what you wrote about your Huawei experience and what's you disliked in it, I would recommend OnePlus. But, beware: we are talking about another Chinese company. If your target is to flee Chinese companies, then Samsung is your best choice nowadays.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
One Plus is a much "pure" OS, with less customisations and faster updates. Samsung has OneUI, which is a heavily modified Android UI. Some people love it. Some people hate it. Personally I live with it, since all the unique Note experience relies on it.

But, based on what you wrote about your Huawei experience and what's you disliked in it, I would recommend OnePlus. But, beware: we are talking about another Chinese company. If your target is to flee Chinese companies, then Samsung is your best choice nowadays.
Yeah but one plus doesn't have the issue that Huawei does , and it's sold in the US on 2 carriers.

Nov 15, 2019
Visit site

I am also a Huawei user and uses VPN too but I don't face the same issue as you said,
I think it might be because you haven't configured it properly. But in my perspective, EMUI is much better than its competitors. All you have to do is to check your settings other than spending much more dollars on the phones with the same configuration.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierusKasshh