open to home screen instead of keypad

A

AC Question

home button open keypad .second tap goes to contacts before I can get to home screen.

jimbtx

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Sorry for the delayed reply. S-7 phone. thought I posted the question in the S-7 page.
phone opens to keypad then second clock goes to contacts before I get to home page.
Jimbtx

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I moved the thread to the S7 forum. Does this happen when you're on the homescreen to begin with? Or does it only happen when you're within some other app?

jimbtx

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I am talking about when I hit the home button to "open" the phone. Instead of home screen so I can select text, or make a call, or any other function. It opens to keypad, then I have to click twice to get to home screen. Have not had the s7 very long but old s5 opened to home screen and I think the s7 did before latest update?
Jim

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
By "keypad," do you mean a phone dialer numberpad, a PIN entry lockscreen, or the full keyboard?

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Hey Jim. Mine does it to but of a small annoyance but I guess they think I just call a contact instead of texting. But luckily I'm a righty and it's not hard to get into the habit of tapping the button when I open the app.

I dug around in setting and can't find anything . Sorry buddy

jimbtx

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Duh, I hate it when old habits make you stupid. Old S5 I think had a symbol in the same corner, that I would swipe.
This one had the phone there, did. Not even realize I could swipe middle of the screen.
You get a " atta boy" and much thanks.
jim