Opinions on the Lenovo Phab2 Pro

Sean Legend

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
I think the size was big & well-fitting for the Google Tango technology. Perhaps a metaphor for big things to come?

Battery was alright, but the software didn’t seem very stable. Kinda strange considering how good I've heard their Motorola software is.

My only main gripe aside from software is how Lenovo is selling it for $500. They'd either have to lower the price in order to get me on board, or someone would have to give one to me.

What are your thoughts and opinions?

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I think the size was big & well-fitting for the Google Tango technology. Perhaps a metaphor for big things to come?

Battery was alright, but the software didn’t seem very stable. Kinda strange considering how good I've heard their Motorola software is.

My only main gripe aside from software is how Lenovo is selling it for $500. They'd either have to lower the price in order to get me on board, or someone would have to give one to me.

What are your thoughts and opinions?

I have the Phab 2 Pro. I love the size, came from the Nexus 6 and I knew I wanted a larger phone. The screen is not AMOLED, but it is a very nice LCD. A lot easier to see outside than the Nexus. The battery lasts quite awhile for me. I did not buy this phone for Tango so I have only even tried one app for a few minutes. I can say this phone is definitely faster than the Nexus and every other phone I've had(Nexus 6, Moto X Pure, HTC One M8, Galaxy S3, Iphone 4). Rapid charge works great and it works with the rapid chargers I had for the Moto X Pure. Pics are OK, nothing special. I am not a big photo enthusiast so it's fine. The speaker sounds very good to me. The Dolby Atmos brings it alive. Oh! And this is the first phone I have had with a fingerprint scanner. I used to think "Why do I need a fingerprint scanner???" But now that I've had one I absolutely love it and it works flawlessly on this phone.

A few things concern me.

1. Audio Lag, when watching Youtube videos there is a definite audio lag. Netflix sometimes has a little lag and then sometimes its fine. I don't use my phone to watch videos that often so it hasn't bothered me as much as it probably should. Have only seen 2 others on the Lenovo forums with the same problem, no fix yet. If you turn off Dolby Atmos it gets better and sometimes fixes it for a bit. I have yet to try a factory reset, but others have with no Joy. I have not experienced any lag in games.

2. Cases, there is a lack of cases for this phone. Basically there are 2 choices, a real thin TPU case that doesn't even have a lip to protect the screen and then a folding style case. I have the folding style case so at least there is some protection for the screen.

3. Updates, I fear that updates will be few and far between for this phone. I will be amazed if it gets Nougat. Marshmallow runs very well on it. I have a had a couple of hiccups with different apps, but no more than any other phone.

I am glad I purchased this phone. I love the big screen.

Last edited:

Sean Legend

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
I have the Phab 2 Pro. I love the size, came from the Nexus 6 and I knew I wanted a larger phone. The screen is not AMOLED, but it is a very nice LCD. A lot easier to see outside than the Nexus. The battery lasts quite awhile for me. I did not buy this phone for Tango so I have only even tried one app for a few minutes. I can say this phone is definitely faster than the Nexus and every other phone I've had(Nexus 6, Moto X Pure, HTC One M8, Galaxy S3, Iphone 4). Rapid charge works great and it works with the rapid chargers I had for the Moto X Pure. Pics are OK, nothing special. I am not a big photo enthusiast so it's fine. The speaker sounds very good to me. The Dolby Atmos brings it alive. Oh! And this is the first phone I have had with a fingerprint scanner. I used to think "Why do I need a fingerprint scanner???" But now that I've had one I absolutely love it and it works flawlessly on this phone.

A few things concern me.

1. Audio Lag, when watching Youtube videos there is a definite audio lag. Netflix sometimes has a little lag and then sometimes its fine. I don't use my phone to watch videos that often so it hasn't bothered me as much as it probably should. Have only seen 2 others on the Lenovo forums with the same problem, no fix yet. If you turn off Dolby Atmos it gets better and sometimes fixes it for a bit. I have yet to try a factory reset, but others have with no Joy. I have not experienced any lag in games.

2. Cases, there is a lack of cases for this phone. Basically there are 2 choices, a real thin TPU case that doesn't even have a lip to protect the screen and then a folding style case. I have the folding style case so at least there is some protection for the screen.

3. Updates, I fear that updates will be few and far between for this phone. I will be amazed if it gets Nougat. Marshmallow runs very well on it. I have a had a couple of hiccups with different apps, but no more than any other phone.

I am glad I purchased this phone. I love the big screen.

The problem i see is that most of it is "nothing special". When you take out Tango, it's just average in a lot of departments. Don't get me wrong, it sounds great and I'd buy one myself. But 500 dollars for something like that isn't enticing enough for me to buy it with my own money.

Though, had I gotten a Phab2 Pro one way or the other, I'd probably love it. Huge 6.4 screen and 4000+ battery is an instant attraction for me. Just don't like that price tag due to a lot of it being "nothing special", yknow? Someone would either have to gift it to me or make that $500 price way lower.

In short, I love it but not enough to spend 500.