Oreo update has scrambled my messaging apps.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just got the new update yesterday on my LG G6 (T-Mobile) and am having trouble with the messaging. I have textra and it's set as my default message app but some received texts are coming through the stock message app and it seems random. I can send to all the groups and solo messages that I had prior to the update via textra but a handful of replies are coming through the stock messaging app. I hesitate to do a hard reset at this point and am hoping that's only a last resort type of thing. Has anyone else experienced this or something similar? Is there fix without doing a factory reset?

patcal

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue with chomp sms. I did a hard reset this morning. Will update when I know something. BTW, how is wireless charging working for you?

Pat

T79phoenix

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I literally just posted the same thing on my own thread. Same issue you're having. I'm using Pulse though. Never had the issue with Nougat.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
uninstalling and reinstalling the app you use for texting seems to be the solution for this right now. i was seeing the issue with android messages after installing oreo to my tmo g6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wmblalock86