OTA coming TODAY to enable Adobe Flash

arwaldon4

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I dont know how to post pics but I'm still on build FRG01B and I was able to download the Flash Player. I could root so I can take a screen shot but still dont know how to post them.

yeah same here. is frg22b necessary if we already have flash up an running? i thought i may have jumped ahead but it works alright. is there a way to sort backtrack an update to frg22b, or am i alright?

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I think it is technically only for the Flash update, which I installed manually the same day I installed Froyo. I'm not updating my phone with this current build. I have root, Froyo, and flash... What do I need this one for? Just so I can play the root cat&mouse game with VZW? No thanks..

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
I like 2.2 and all that, but to me the only thing that matters is Flash. Where's the hold up on this? Adobe? Motorola? Verizon?:confused:

Well, pretty sure it's not Adobe. And by this point in time it's not Motorola as Verizon is the one responsible for the OTA roll-out.

We heard "tomorrow" last Monday and "today" last Thursday; I think AC is a little too trusting in believing leaks from Verizon. I've seen lots of people getting the .zip file and installing it themselves, but I have yet to hear of an OTA happening.

SharonW

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
So, apparently, I'm not the only one who hasn't received the update to the update. Good to know. I was starting to wonder. Of course, I also wondered how they would simultaneously update the Incredible to Froyo and FRG022 for the Droid at the same time. Kinda seemed strange to do both at the same time.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I just got my update.. 9/1 - 1:30 AM EST.

But... I can't seem to find the Adobe Flash application in the market? I even searched under Adobe Systems and it's not in their app list.

Edit @ 4AM EST: I rebooted my phone again after the OTA update and then went back into the market and Adobe Flash Player 10.1 was there! Downloaded it and tested it out by loading You Tube website in my browser and it works like a charm! Plays videos in the browser! At first there was a little lag, but I think that was just the phone adjusting and then it was smooth.

I'm really going to love being able to view websites on my phone that use Flash!

Last edited:

havoc752

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Yep, OTA update was waiting for me this morning 9/1, in the Philadelphia, PA area. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but at least the updates are rolling out now.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I got my OTA update this morning at 5AM. Found Flash Player 10.1 in the Market and downloaded and installed it. Haven't had a chance to test it yet.

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine!

L5Y5s.jpg

Edit: doh - was rooted with Easy Root. I meant to unroot before applying the update, and now I'm in half-root limbo... superuser icon in the drawer, but no actual root privileges. Guess I should have heeded the warnings!

Ah well, now I have an excuse to learn more about tinkering with my Droid. :)

Edit: re-rooted by following these instructions and all is well!

Edit: noticed Swype had stopped working after the upgrade. I uninstalled Swype and then re-installed, seems to work fine now.

Last edited:

slawglath

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I got my 2.2 August 19th... still no flash yet. Flash 10.1 is not showing up in the market for me! :'(

I wants my FLASH!!

Even when I go to the Adobe site, it just says...

Attention DROID owners:

Adobe Flash Player 10.1 will be available for your phone late summer. Please check back at (flash url - I don't have more then 10 post yet -http : // get . adobe . com / flashplayer / ). This site will redirect you to the Adobe Flash Player 10.1 download in the Android Market as soon as it is available for your device.

I check it at least five times a day, no luck for me. Yet people are defiantly getting flash on their Moto Droids.

I don't know, maybe I'm doing something wrong or maybe my area just got the 2.2 update but not the flash update yet?

UPDATE: Just got my flash today 9/3/2010! Yay!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards