Ota hack how to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iambk1989

Oct 6, 2019
Visit site
I have a tablet, that can only be updated via usb computer or wifi. The tablet is made by a company that will only allow you to purchase there apps and the company is the only company you can receive Software updates from.

Once you plug the device into computer it syncs to the company server an any available updates and apps/games that you have requested are then tranfered /downloaded to the tablet.

Once the device is unplugged it begins an automatic update of any thing that was downloaded to that device. And then the device resets and applies the package. Game, movies, apks, firmware updates….. What ever was in the package.

I was able was to mount the device storage just the media section and it had a folder named "omega" in this folder was a log omega.bin and files named what ever i requested and there software updates with file extension .md5 just characters of letters and numbers once i clicked file. 32 to be exac.

So i un Installed my games and then requested To have them put back on the device. But this time i turned device off before it had a chance to update.

I then plugged device in to computer and mounted media storge and this time in the omega folder was the Packages with another file with the same name as the package but different extensions. Also it had the name of the folder attached to both files

Example: omega_PackageName_123.zip
omega_PackageName_123.md5

I then removed both files and place both in an identical tablet with the same folder name omega and unplugged the device and it started porcessing system update
and it worked.

So I told some one with some knowledge of coding and they told me it might be possible to put anything on the tablet through this folder.

Well about a week ago he came to me with his tablet and it had tones of free apps that are not in the compnies play store. He won't tell me how he did this at all wants me to Pay 200 dollars.

Please help me how did he do this
I tried to open the Packages but it wont let me and i tried to zip my own apps and do the exact but nothing it tries to process update when i attached the appreciate md5 file but it eventually fails.

Well he allowed me to toy with his device and i was able to coppy tablet omega folder it had the md5 files of all the new apps on his device ans it also had scripts with commands used by busybox the device runns jelly bean 4.2

I can line omega folder if you like. It just text so not big at all just need some one to make since of scripts and tell me how he did this.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.