Outlook for next June, what are the options?

braveally

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So like many of you (i'm assuming) I am looking for the best next steps after my contract is up with Verizon. I got it just days before the elimination of unlimited data so I can be locked in. Knowing that Verizon was moving over to tiered data soon I planned to reevaluate providers in 2013 to see what would be the best option.
Anyone got any info or insight into future plans. Is it likely everyone will still be on this tiered data this time next year or are there any major carriers with plans to move back to unlimited data at that time? I figured they would develop new models every couple of years or so. Would it be worth it to stick with Big Red or another carrier? Will we see VoLTE by that time? If so then Unlimited data is worth holding on to.
Finally, when my contract is up, it it possible Verizon will not allow me to even keep my line with unlimited data?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
So like many of you (i'm assuming) I am looking for the best next steps after my contract is up with Verizon. I got it just days before the elimination of unlimited data so I can be locked in. Knowing that Verizon was moving over to tiered data soon I planned to reevaluate providers in 2013 to see what would be the best option.
Anyone got any info or insight into future plans. Is it likely everyone will still be on this tiered data this time next year or are there any major carriers with plans to move back to unlimited data at that time? I figured they would develop new models every couple of years or so. Would it be worth it to stick with Big Red or another carrier? Will we see VoLTE by that time? If so then Unlimited data is worth holding on to.
Finally, when my contract is up, it it possible Verizon will not allow me to even keep my line with unlimited data?

T-Mobile just reintroduced unlimited data but I would be wary of them they are still calling HSPA+ 4G and like Sprint their coverage is spotty. We shall see how long they are able to maintain this financially. I personaly think it is a cheap attempt to grab customers frustrated over the AT&T and Verizon shared data plans and at some point they will go back to throttling again.

Sprint still has unlimited but given the condition of their network, their grandiose plans to reallocate spectrum and deploy LTE I have a hard time believing they will be able to maintain this financially indefinitely.

I agree that Verizon will tweak and modify the shared everything plans over time and would personally stick with them but that's just me. You have a long time to think about it until your contract ends, and even then you can continue on the existing plan as long as you dont use a subsidized upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86