P for 3/T

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Good on them, I sincerely hope they follow through. Would be especially cool if they used their experience with the previews to launch it in August.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah saw this on Android Authority. I've been hunting for either a 3T or Essential PH-1, but this has me lean towards the 3T which unlike the Essential has a headphone jack and a better camera.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
The reviews on the Essential camera are mediocre though the Pixel camera app can be side loaded I understand. Where it does excel is both cameras shoot 4K video and it has a black/white button. Other than that the stock camera app is bare bones and low light photos aren't good. In its favor it does have the Qualcomm 835 with 4 GB RAM, 128 GB storage though.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The reviews on the Essential camera are mediocre though the Pixel camera app can be side loaded I understand. Where it does excel is both cameras shoot 4K video and it has a black/white button. Other than that the stock camera app is bare bones and low light photos aren't good. In its favor it does have the Qualcomm 835 with 4 GB RAM, 128 GB storage though.
I've owned the PH-1 and 3T and used them at the same time for a few months. The screen is one of the big advantages the PH-1 has over the 3T. As long as you get one without much light bleed, the brighter higher resolution PH-1 IPS LCD looks quite a bit better than the 3T Optic AMOLED.

The PH-1 camera isn't that bad. IMO, it went from terrible to decent/solid after a ton of updates over several months. Both tend to struggle with low light pics unless you use the monochrome on the PH-1. I remember my old Nexus 6P consistently took the better (more detailed and accurate) pics in different settings. There's monthly r/Essential photo threads if you want to see some examples of pics from the PH-1.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I've owned the PH-1 and 3T and used them at the same time for a few months. The screen is one of the big advantages the PH-1 has over the 3T. As long as you get one without much light bleed, the brighter higher resolution PH-1 IPS LCD looks quite a bit better than the 3T Optic AMOLED.

The PH-1 camera isn't that bad. IMO, it went from terrible to decent/solid after a ton of updates over several months. Both tend to struggle with low light pics unless you use the monochrome on the PH-1. I remember my old Nexus 6P consistently took the better (more detailed and accurate) pics in different settings. There's monthly r/Essential photo threads if you want to see some examples of pics from the PH-1.

Thanks..I generally don't buy phones for the camera; was just mentioning what I'd seen in reviews. I would think the 3T is much faster though it does have an earlier SoC than the PH-1. From speed test videos I've watched most OnePlus devices smoke others with a few exceptions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly