P30 Pro New Edition and GT2e Smartwatch and Nike Run Club app questions.

Chriscotterill

Jun 28, 2020
Visit site
Hi there,

I've just got a new edition P30 Pro, having previously had a P20 Pro. I can get a free GT2e watch as part of the promotion and wondered if anyone can help with a question.

I use the Nike Run Club app on my phone and it annoyingly doesn't track elevation gain or loss due to the P30 not having a barometer. I started trying to find out whether the watch would be able to track this and then discovered the app might not even work with the watch.

Has anyone used the watch with the NRC app? Assuming you need your phone handset too? I'm very new to smartwatches and this will be my first one.

Cheers

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
The new Huawei watches run their own operating system instead of Wear OS. You need wear OS to install apps. The last Huawei watch with Wear OS is the Watch 2, which I use. And it still works through Huawei health.

Chriscotterill

Jun 28, 2020
Visit site
Thanks both,

It looks like I'll just need to keep using my phone with NRC and probably get a few bits of extra data from the watch like heart rate and so on.

I want to keep all my run data in one place on NRC although I guess I can run Huawei Health run tracker on the watch and NRC on the phone.