P5 connection to projector

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have any luck with connecting their Pixel 5 to a projector? I have the cable that the manufacturer suggested and it does not work.

The cable is a 3 in 1 HDMI/USB-C/USB for power. When connected it gets no signal.

When connected with the same cable to my backup Galaxy S8+ it works. The S8 uses an app called Samsung DEX.

Have tried several apps but no go. Also cannot switch the device from "Connected Device" to "This Device".

Thanks

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I am not sure that pixels have hdmi out built in. Am sure I read somewhere that it doesn't. The Galaxy does have hdmi out to work with the Dex desktop app.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Pixels (and many other phones running stock Android) to not have video out via USB-C. Google's answer is to use Chromecast for video out functionality.

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, that's too bad. I do happen to have a spare Chromecast device that I used but that's a pain. Thanks for your prompt responses.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
For some Apple devices, the Apple equivalent for that cable/connector doesn't work (nothing will show up on the TV/projector) with some device/TV/projector combos unless power is also plugged into the cable/connector. Maybe also has to do with some of the HDMI/AV cables, because I also sometimes have a similar problem with a mini camcorder if I use a 25ft thin HDMI cable, as opposed to a short 6ft thicker HDMI cable.

Last edited: