Pandora

wayne22

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
OK so I listen to Pandora stations all the time and i really hate whenever I get a text how it pauses so how can I stop that?

clr007

Jan 26, 2010
www.crankin.net
Switch to slacker ;)

My install of Slacker does the same when I have sound notifications turned on, so it's not just a Pandora thing. I believe this can be avoided by putting the phone into silent mode, or simply turning SMS notifications off through the Messaging app. (Can the built-in Messaging app be set to only give vibrate notifications?)

My suggestion would be to turn all notifications off through the Messaging app, then download SMS Popup from the Marketplace and use it for notifying you of incoming texts. You can set it to only vibrate (meaning your music isn't interrupted), and can also set custom notification light colors. This is actually one of my favorite apps on my Droid.

cwescapexlt4x4

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
My install of Slacker does the same when I have sound notifications turned on, so it's not just a Pandora thing. I believe this can be avoided by putting the phone into silent mode, or simply turning SMS notifications off through the Messaging app. (Can the built-in Messaging app be set to only give vibrate notifications?)

My suggestion would be to turn all notifications off through the Messaging app, then download SMS Popup from the Marketplace and use it for notifying you of incoming texts. You can set it to only vibrate (meaning your music isn't interrupted), and can also set custom notification light colors. This is actually one of my favorite apps on my Droid.

On Vibrate it interrupts the music as well, have not tried silent and I do have SMS pop up

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site

I thought he meant permanently pauses it. I get a temp pause, but I get that even when using Google Listen or whatever. The music app keeps playing, but that's almost worse because that way you can miss part of the podcast/song you are listening to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingExotic069