Past Time For An HTC or Motorola Nexus ?

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
HTC made one Nexus in a row.

Now Samsung has two in a row.

Anyone else think its time for another HTC or Motorola nexus ?

I know I'm in the minority but I just am not impressed with any Samsung phones I've seen lately.

In fact I just dont like any of them ( had the GSII and took it back for an Amaze) .

Not saying I wont get the Galaxy Nexus when Tmo gets it, I probably will.

I'm just ready for something better.

NEO_FOLLOWER2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
google acquired motorola mobility...so maybe...it wouldn't be too farfetched to think they'd make a vanilla android phone

I'd be more impressed if motorola simply just started running vanilla android on all of their phones
or at least make motoblur run smooth, since now they'll have access to the code early google and motorola devs can work together to make a better phone

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
google acquired motorola mobility...so maybe...it wouldn't be too farfetched to think they'd make a vanilla android phone

I'd be more impressed if motorola simply just started running vanilla android on all of their phones
or at least make motoblur run smooth, since now they'll have access to the code early google and motorola devs can work together to make a better phone

I prefer HTC personally, ever since I had the Nexus One.
I took some positively stunning pictures with that thing.
The Amaze I have now is really the first phone to take as good of pics as the N1.

But I did mention Motorola because of the Google acquisition.

;)

NEO_FOLLOWER2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i'm still using the nexus one

everytime i want a snap a picture...i feel as if it takes forever to open the camera app so i just grab an actual camera

im stilling waiting for the right phone to upgrade to...i thought the galaxy nexus was it but it doesnt look like its coming to us tmobile(for a reasonable price) anytime soon

if it comes out in may and there's not a 32gb option...i'm not getting it all.

i'd rather find a used galaxy s2 tmobile version and get an sdcard for it.

back on topic: I think most phones would be so much better if they'd run vanilla android or realize that their software is slowing the phone down and hire some better coders to fix it.

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the GSII and took it back.
The HTC Amaze is a better phone.
The camera is way better, the UI is tolerable, the screen size is the same but has a higher resolution.

I'm seeing the same flat looking pics and videos from the Galaxy Nexus as the GSII.

Colors are very flat, unlike the Amaze where the colors are very vivid and almost jump out at you.

;)

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

NEO_FOLLOWER2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
it's an hspa phone...you get 21mbps

when in the world are you using more than 21mbps
i don't even get that speed at home...i get like 9 mbps(suppose to be getting 10mbps advertised)

on hspa on tmobile you can get UP TO 21 mbps...although usually it will be like 5-15mbps depending on location

to put this in perspective...i used to pay for 6 mbps at&t dsl at home for the past 5 years and i would watch netflix and youtube ALL THE TIME

this whole 4g thing is a total marketing ploy... it's not about speed...it's about

1. PING TIME the faster the towers can respond to a ping the better it will be for you
have you ever noticed...that most of the time your "3g" phone
when you click something it sends data out then waits for a while then receives data
if you reduce the time it takes between sending and recieving there won't be much of a
problem because most of the time you're not sending and recieving that much data at once on your phone
2. SIGNAL STRENGTH the better signal the better speed and ping you'll get
3. it depends on the phone...signal strength and ping time can depend on different phones...some phones might be better designed and get better signal
analogy: before you start scrapping your old engine in your car because "it's too slow"... try designing an aerodynamic car or losing weight on unneccesary things like the spare tire or back seats that no one ever sits in. the solution isnt always get a faster engine when you're building a car.
but at the end of the day a faster engine will beat a slower engine...it's just not always the best solution

yes lte is faster than hspa at the moment

it is totally uneccessary because it uses too much battery power and you don't see much of a benefit from it.

i think lte will be better than hspa or even hspa+(42mbps) but at the moment it just isnt practical

i can only hope that you will actually read my post and think about before you go responding defending your point by stating things...PLEASE re read it before you respond. it is so hard to get a real response online these days...I may just stop reading comments sections and forums altogether

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The ad says the phone is 3g.

Thats what I was saying.

On Tmobile 3g is slower than 4g.

Doesnt att and tmobile have different 4g bands ?

I know they have different 3g bands.

So I'm thinking maybe the phone only runs 3g on one of the carriers.

And 4g on the other ?

:confused:

I'll wait for tmobile to get it before I buy one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk