Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Its actually pretty good. I've been on for 8 hours and I'm still at 50%

From Nexus with love

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Pull about 16 hours average, with average use. Moderate to heavy use 10-12 hours, but that's playing games and doing all sorts of shenanigans :p

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

corndog22cl

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating on jumping to oxygen from my deck\matr1x combo (which has also been getting 16 hrs with moderate use).

I'm hearing nothing but good things about oxygen, but I really haven't had an issue with deck's ROM other than the signal text just sitting at 85 dBm (which is a reported bug). Are their any bugs with Oxygen that I should be aware of before taking the plunge?

Decisions, decisions.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating on jumping to oxygen from my deck\matr1x combo (which has also been getting 16 hrs with moderate use).

I'm hearing nothing but good things about oxygen, but I really haven't had an issue with deck's ROM other than the signal text just sitting at 85 dBm (which is a reported bug). Are their any bugs with Oxygen that I should be aware of before taking the plunge?

Decisions, decisions.

I have actually found more bugs in Deck then in Oxygen, well I haven't found any in oxygen actually :p

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Decisions, decisions.

No bugs that I've found after using Oxygen for 5 days now. Runs extremely smooth. Really isn't much different than the stock rom

corndog22cl

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I decided to make the change to oxygen and it seems way more stable. No bugs yet. Deck had a few minor issues but no showstoppers.

My signal seems to be a bit more stable under my current oxygen\netarchy combo. It doesn't seem to bounce as much as the Deck\matrix combo. All and all, I'm a happy camper.

jholm7

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Having used CM7-RC1 & MIUI (and one other that I don't remember the name of at this moment) I'd say that Oxygen is the best combination of stability, feature, and battery life.

I do use the netarchy(sp?) nexus kernel with the ROM. (any ROM really)

MIUI is just fun to play with but you could use your battery percentage as a countdown: 100.. 99.. 98..

CM7 is likely to be great eventually but right now Oxygen is my choice.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

IXDoubleDXI

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my Nexus last night and tried flashing Oxygen through Rom Manager and just got stuck in a boot loop on the green Oxygen screen. Tried battery pulls, kept doing it. Finally just restored from a stock back up. Has anyone else experienced this or any thoughts on what might be causing it?

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my Nexus last night and tried flashing Oxygen through Rom Manager and just got stuck in a boot loop on the green Oxygen screen. Tried battery pulls, kept doing it. Finally just restored from a stock back up. Has anyone else experienced this or any thoughts on what might be causing it?

I know the first boot after an install can take a while. I've seen 5 minutes before.
Also, you'll see this sometimes if you don't wipe data/cache when you move to a different ROM.

I really only found one bug with Oxygen and that was the omission of Car Home which I have yet to figure out how to re-install.

vertigosrs

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
My first day with oxygen I was at 32 percent battery life left after 23 hours. Decks is comparable, but I think I'm getting better life out of oxygen.

vertigosrs

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I've noticed on oxygens rom that I don't care for is how it interacts with a launcher when you hold the back key to kill all active processes. I thought it wasn't supposed to kill stuff like the launcher but it seems to and actually lags the phone for 5 seconds or so with showing the stock GB launcher while it auto-reloads my launcher.

IXDoubleDXI

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I know the first boot after an install can take a while. I've seen 5 minutes before.
Also, you'll see this sometimes if you don't wipe data/cache when you move to a different ROM.

I really only found one bug with Oxygen and that was the omission of Car Home which I have yet to figure out how to re-install.

Thanks, I'll give it another go after I get out of work tonight.

LeaninBack916

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I have tried different Roms and prefer Oxygen. I totally disagree with the 'its just like stock assertion'. It has the Deck type options, but Oxygen has a lot more of its own settings (with a control panel to boot).

I have found Oxygen the best so far and the battery life is way better. The standby time is absolutely ridiculous when it comes to battery use. It literally uses less than 5% overnight while not in use (without charging). I just tested again last night. I went to be at 11:30pm. Woke up at 6am and it went from 35 percent to 31 percent. Thats it. And my charge time from a completely dead battery to full is only 2 hours and 25 minutes. With stock it was 3+ (as I averaged about 30% an hour.)

I love Oxygen.:D

vertigosrs

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I have tried different Roms and prefer Oxygen. I totally disagree with the 'its just like stock assertion'. It has the Deck type options, but Oxygen has a lot more of its own settings (with a control panel to boot).

I have found Oxygen the best so far and the battery life is way better. The standby time is absolutely ridiculous when it comes to battery use. It literally uses less than 5% overnight while not in use (without charging). I just tested again last night. I went to be at 11:30pm. Woke up at 6am and it went from 35 percent to 31 percent. Thats it. And my charge time from a completely dead battery to full is only 2 hours and 25 minutes. With stock it was 3+ (as I averaged about 30% an hour.)

I love Oxygen.:D

That's funny cuz I went from deck to oxygen and thought deck had more options. Oxygen has its oxygen settings section, but decks advanced options section had a lot more choices offering different things. Either way I've used both so far and I think I'm gonna change again just to try out CM7 and see how much of a difference is.

xcspear

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It's not there. Should I try to reflash it? I extracted the zip file and saw there was a program called OxygenSettings.apk. But I don't see the program installed on my phone. I even tried pulling that apk out of the zip and installing it manually from my phone with no luck.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
2.2.2 is out now. I like using the Matr1x kernels with Oxygen. Then you can install the VOODOO control panel to fix the screens color and sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod