Phone got water damaged, battery messed up

menachemt

Member
Mar 13, 2013
17
0
0
Visit site
I searched through all the forums and I couldn't find anyone with this problem. My phone got water damaged a couple days ago so I kept it in rice for 48 hours. Now, my phone will only work when charging. Once I unplug it, it could be at 74% and then shut off for no apparent reason. I try turning it on and it won't turn on. Then, I'll plug it back into the wall and it will say the battery is at 0%. Is my battery ruined forever or would keeping it in rice some more fix it or is there a different fix for this? Thanks in advance.
 

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
44,529
28
0
Visit site
Cyanide that works to kill cell phones dead is called "uncooked white rice". Once it's wet, if you don't remove all the impurities the water brought in VERY quickly, turning the phone on (even putting the battery in) ensures that it's going to fail sooner or later. Totally fail. To the point that it becomes reclaimable scrap. Read Wet Phone.

At this point, I'd say that your phone is ruined forever. (The battery might actually still be good.)
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
945,126
Messages
6,924,298
Members
3,159,673
Latest member
netabb