Phone hangs up automatically

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I have a question, has anyone had an issue with the phone hanging up before you have a chance to say hello? For example, on my mother's phone when she gets a call & she goes to swipe to answer the phone automatically hangs up the call. I figured it was some weird anomaly with my mother so I told her to switch the phone to auto answer. So now all she has to do is say "answer" & the phone will seem like it answers but no one is there, it obviously hung up the call. So no dice. It does not allow her to answer the phone either way. It's not the light sensor that's doing it because I checked it and the sensor works, screen went off when she put the phone to her ear. So there's no way it can be an accidental push of a button. I don't understand why this is happening to her phone because it only happens on some phone calls. When I call her everything works fine. When some people (not all) call it happens, it's very random. Has anyone else had this issue or know what could possibly be going wrong? I'm thinking maybe a factory reset may have to be done. We both have the same phone (galaxy edges) and we are both on the same network as we live in the same household. Mine has never done this. Ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

erjo81

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm experiencing the exact same thing. The phone hangs up my call as soon as I answer, regardless if I put it up to my ear or just place it on the table (to avoid pressing any buttons). Right now it's only happening when a person calls from a "private" undisclosed number.
I had trucaller installed which I thought was the problem so I uninstalled it but it did not help.

Have you found any answers to this?

Dora Smith

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Make sure you're answering correctly. Answering an android phone correctly requires jumping through about 50 counterintuitive hoops.
1. SLIDE, NOT PRESS (or tap or whatever, whatever the bleep that even means), ALL the WAY VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRY SLOWLY, TO THE RIGHT, TOWARD THE GREEN - NOT toward the red PHONE ICON! Like if you were going to take a picture if the phone weren't ringing. You know? (If you don't know you're mentally normal.)

If you slide toward the phone icon instead it will hang up on your caller.

If you aren't VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY SLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOW, you will confuse the phone.

If you got all of that, I'll send you your Mensa membership card.

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Didn't matter with the slide thing. It was hanging up even when answering by voice. No sliding required. I factory reset her phone & so far all is well.

"It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine."

Lucydreams

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Okay, I have a question, has anyone had an issue with the phone hanging up before you have a chance to say hello? For example, on my mother's phone when she gets a call & she goes to swipe to answer the phone automatically hangs up the call. I figured it was some weird anomaly with my mother so I told her to switch the phone to auto answer. So now all she has to do is say "answer" & the phone will seem like it answers but no one is there, it obviously hung up the call. So no dice. It does not allow her to answer the phone either way. It's not the light sensor that's doing it because I checked it and the sensor works, screen went off when she put the phone to her ear. So there's no way it can be an accidental push of a button. I don't understand why this is happening to her phone because it only happens on some phone calls. When I call her everything works fine. When some people (not all) call it happens, it's very random. Has anyone else had this issue or know what could possibly be going wrong? I'm thinking maybe a factory reset may have to be done. We both have the same phone (galaxy edges) and we are both on the same network as we live in the same household. Mine has never done this. Ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

Okay so i made an account just to ansewer this. Turn off wifi calling in the pull down tab. The phone is auto hanging up because there is a non existing or weak wifi signal.