Phone insurance

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Hello Android fans. So I have been searching for a new device to upgrade to from my Note 10+. I've been searching for awhile for something that would be a worthy replacement that does everything I need while being affordable in my budget at the same time. I usually like Samsung devices, but due to a glitch in their system, I cannot purchase any devices any longer from Samsung. This is my preferred method of purchase as I can get the easily available factory unlocked without having to finance through my carrier.

That has led me to Amazon with their renewed program which has mostly been crap honestly. If anyone's seen my Note 20U posts, you'll be slightly familiar. But there is one seller that for the most part, I have always had good luck with. I found a really good deal on an S20 Ultra from them for around 380 dollars that came in pretty much perfect condition. I have been pretty impressed with it despite the hype around the camera focusing issues. That is, for now.

Since there is no warranty beyond the 90 day return, I am a bit concerned about an issue such as screen burn arising in the future. Is there any kind of phone insurance that I can get that is not ridiculous and would cover things such as this or general hardware issues that should arise in the future? Somebody told me about Akko recently for 11 dollars a month, but once I read a little bit more into it... That seems kind of iffy.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don’t think that anyone would insure you against screen burn, except at a high premium, because it would depend on the condition of the phone when you bought it, and how you would use it, neither of which they could know.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Well, that sucks. Lol. Part of the problem buying these refurbished phones unless it's directly from someone like Samsung.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
SquareTrade (part of Allstate) has been one of the leaders in 3rd party device insurance. I've used them before -- reasonable plans (although I think they only cover damage/malfunction, and not theft/loss).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781