Phone Plugged into Aux in car, while playing music comes up as MIC google search on its' own.

A

AC Question

It seems to only happen in my car, but when i plug phone into jeep aux port ill be listening to the music then the sound will come on as if i am having the phone to a microphone voice search through google. this happens up to 4-5 times a song! very annoying. It happened within a week or two of buying the phone and am not sure if it's the jeep or the phone.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had similar issues with different aux inputs that are stereo only (left, right, ground). Phones have a 4th connection (MIC, left, right, ground - not necessarily in that order). What I found works is a splitter. It looks like two standard headphone connections, one side is green (stereo), other side is pink (mic). This way only the l,r,g gets to the aux in, and the mic and it's trigger are left hanging.

71NbN-cBLqL._SL1500_.jpg

first result on amazon - note the male/female configuration, some are to use older gaming headsets with phones (bringing the seperate mic/headphone into a single connection, this is the opposite of that. : https://www.amazon.com/MillSO-3-5mm...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5953203

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61