phone storage space & ram usage

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Since the update. My phone storage jumped through the roof. Currently I have 4.00/6.29 gb used. If I remember correctly the update was 396mb. Where did the other massive gb download come from? I'm even resorting to moving my apps over to free up memory.

Another thing. Ram usage seems to be high. Before was I averaged 230/240 out of 1024. Now it's showing 750-800 out of the max. Ram that high has cause my navigation to crash a few times. Any clues I could do to this?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Since the update. My phone storage jumped through the roof. Currently I have 4.00/6.29 gb used. If I remember correctly the update was 396mb. Where did the other massive gb download come from? I'm even resorting to moving my apps over to free up memory.

You mean move your apps over to free up storage. "Memory" is RAM.
I can't answer the question, since I have not investigated it on my own device yet. But one thing that is possible is that it installed some apps outside of the "ROM" area? Or it triggered updates to apps that were in the "ROM" but now have to reside elsewhere? It might also be reserving more storage space for stuff like "Google Spy" (I mean "Google Plus" ;) ).

Another thing. Ram usage seems to be high. Before was I averaged 230/240 out of 1024. Now it's showing 750-800 out of the max. Ram that high has cause my navigation to crash a few times. Any clues I could do to this?

I have seen several reports of this. It is quite concerning. I expected the update would use more memory than before and I am fearful that it will negate the gains we made in the last update with multitasking and task switching (which was caused by a low pool of free memory and poor settings/criteria used by HTC/Sense). Damn I wish they had put more memory into this device... it is the ONE real advantage the GS3 has over the Evo LTE.

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
anyone figure this out yet? I have been noticing the same issue, at boot and onward memory shows like 850/1024 constantly, so much so that my memory/ram "cleaner" clears things out 10 times a day.. wasn't like that before. Phone has certainly gotten pretty sluggish.

akinmb

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Show's "other" memory as taking up a huge portion of RAM. I've cleared the cache on all my apps and deleted/moved apps as I could. Shows no more apps as being available to move. What's the "Other" that's taking up the huge partition?

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a " what if" question in regards to this topic. What if you changed your launcher, would Sense still be running in the background?

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hapily02