Phone stuck in a boot loop, no recovery option

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I have this Motorola Moto G phone that won't turn on, when I try to turn it on it just shows the Motorola logo screen, and just stays like that. I tried going into the boot menu and tried the following options;
Normal Powerup obviously does nothing and the phone just gets stuck on the logo screen
Recovery just takes me back to the boot menu and says "boot up failed"
(I haven't tried factory because there's data on this phone that I don't want to lose and I'm not even sure it would fix my problem so I'm not trying that until I've exhausted all the other options; Barcodes does work but it's irrelevant to my problem and BP Tools, not sure what it's meant to do but it just turns the phone off).

I cannot connect the phone to my PC because the PC doesn't read it, so trying to copy data to my PC isn't an option. (The PC didn't read it even when it worked fine and I had to authorize the PC from the phone for it to connect.)

I've also tried opening the phone and disconnecting and reconnecting the battery but that still didn't work.

The phone was having battery problems before this happened, so I'm not sure if that's related.

Also the fastboot menu mentions that the "device is LOCKED", not sure what that means.

Anyway so basically my question is, how can I get my phone out of this loop without losing my data?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In order to get the phone to boot, you have to use fastboot to boot the boot.img file.

In order to do that, you need to unlock the bootloader. Doing so will do a factory reset.

So since you evidently don't keep your phone backed up, consider everything on it to be lost. You can't recover it without wiping it first, unless you already have the bootloader unlocked. (Not even a repair shop can.)