Phone Taking Too Much Space

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I use a Samsung Galaxy On7.
It always say low storage since I updated it to Android 6.0.1
I uninstalled all non system apps and cleared cache and data of the remaining system apps.I even tried doing a factory reset but only 200 mb of space is free.
Can anyone give me a solid to this problem?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That phone only has 8 GB of internal storage, which is likely mostly taken up just with the system files and not much you can do about that. You could add an SD card, but those are best suited for independent files. If you want to put apps on it (assuming the phone allows it in the first place), it could corrupt the card relatively quickly.

Given the age of the phone (released October 2015) and the abysmal specs by today's standards, I think your only long term solution is to upgrade it. You have 8 GB of storage. Apps only grow over time, and 32 GB is about the bare minimum recommended for a phone today, but even that is cutting it close for long term use. 64 GB plus an SD card, or 128 GB without an SD card are the ideal minimums if you plan to keep the phone any decent length of time.

jameny5

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
My Moto G Play has 16GB of internal space. My phone is filled to capacity internally. Time for 32GB internally or higher. I don't see the option of moving your apps to SD Card or Phone in the APP settings where you clear the cache or data. I plan to get a higher end phone and maybe I'll see it in the app settings again. I have tried to use some apps that would let me do it but it didn't work. I know Amazon asks me if I want to put downloads on my SD Card - music and movies.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The "Move to SD" option is basically obsolete -- I don't think it's available on any of the recent Android versions. Since you have a Moto phone, you can probably format the SD card as Internal Storage (aka Adoptable Storage), but it's not a great solution, because if the card fails (which is not uncommon), that can cause the phone to crash and a lot of your data to be lost.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
To see how much space you actually have for apps, pictures, music, etc., see [Guide] Checking the ACTUAL storage space on an Android device. An 8GB phone can be giving you less than 1GB to use.

it's not a great solution, because if the card fails (which is not uncommon), that can cause the phone to crash and a lot of your data to be lost.
Change "a lot of" to "all", because the only recovery from that is usually a factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manujws00