Question Phone too sensitive or not sensitive enough? Is there a setting I can adjust?

JonB

Feb 29, 2024
Visit site
I'm back after a couple of months. I had to replace my wonderful Moto G7 because of a swelling battery, and got a not too expensive Nokia 310 from my provider. And the thing is driving me nuts.

The biggest issue is that every time I try and click on something, rather than opening an app or doing something, instead the screen tries to move, and I need to try five or six times before it does what I want it to do. The old G7 might occasionally require me to click a second time. But never 6 or 7 times.

I don't know if the phone is too sensitive, not sensitive enough, or just a piece of doo doo. Anyone have any idea if there is a setting somewhere that I should try?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This tends to happen to a certain extent on any phone if you're letting your finger linger just a little too long on the screen when tapping. Are you making sure you tap the phone just very briefly and then release?

Also, if you have a screen protector, try taking that off.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

JonB

Feb 29, 2024
Visit site
No screen protector. I went with Gorilla Glass specifically so as to not have to worry about things like that. I'm just becoming more unhappy with my new phone by the day because I did not have these problems with the old one.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
That's a pretty decent model that gets positive reviews so I wouldn't write it off as junk, but there could be problem that particular phone itself. Try rebooting your phone into its Safe Mode and see if that makes any improvement:
In Safe Mode, your phone is running only the base, installed Android OS. No third-party apps or services get loaded into memory during the boot-up process like when you typically restart your phone. If the phone's touch-screen is working out better while in Safe Mode, that indicates the problem is likely tied to something you're installed. Unfortunately Safe Mode won't reveal that detail, you need to determine yourself. If however you're still having the same touch-screen problem while running in Safe Mode, there is a possibility that there's a hardware issue. Something that might be better off checked by a trusted phone repair shop. If it's something like the digitizer inside the display is faulty, that requires a tear-down to replace the screen assembly.

Reactions: B. Diddy