Phone Vibration is too strong?

Ichigo91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
When my phone vibrates you can really hear the vibration, so if the phone is in my pocket and it vibrates someone next to me would be able.to hear it...

Is the vibration suppose to be loud that way?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Phone vibrating ??

I haven't found the vibration to be weak.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

I'm guessing it's supposed to be that way, mine is also like that. I actually prefer it to be a little stronger so it doesn't bother me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

Hate vibrate, always turn it off. Have to hunt it out in random apps and turn it off too.......it scares my dog.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I actually like that it's louder than the vibration of the 2014 Moto X. I can actually hear it.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

That said, no. Vibration is not either on or off. I personally hate vibration when my phone is not on silent. I have angry birds 2 installed and it gives me notifications that vibrate with no way to turn it off, regardless of system volume settings. Each app pretty much does of its own accord with only some apps offering settings for vibration

Last edited by a moderator:

DarrenCarnall

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site

for me the whole point of vibration is supposed to be that you can have sounds off, say when you've got the phone in your pocket, but you'll *feel* a notification come in. It's supposed to be quieter than an audible sound. This bloody thing is louder than most of the notification sound options! And no option to choose the vibe strength or pattern. Shame.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Nobody is ever happy. If it was too soft then people would complain that they cannot feel or hear it! This argument is as old as cell phones themselves. One phone vibrates too hard, too loud and another is too soft, too quiet. This bed is too soft, and this bed is too hard, and this one is just right. So the big bad wolf just ate everyone complaining.

Ichigo91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I am not complaining, I am just making sure its not part of a defect because some actually do got a defective moto with phone vibrations.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The Moto X Pure has a good, solid, strong vibration to it...just the way it should be. I've had phones where the vibration could only be of use if it was sitting on a hard table. But when it was in your pocket, and you needed to know silently if you had a notification, then you would miss it because the vibration was too weak. Now would it be nice if we could adjust the vibration level? I suppose it would, but I'm not sure if any phone has that capability but I could be wrong on that.

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

for me the whole point of vibration is supposed to be that you can have sounds off, say when you've got the phone in your pocket, but you'll *feel* a notification come in. It's supposed to be quieter than an audible sound. This bloody thing is louder than most of the notification sound options! And no option to choose the vibe strength or pattern. Shame.

I feel you, its louder than stronger. I mostly hear it instead of feeling it

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Nobody is ever happy. If it was too soft then people would complain that they cannot feel or hear it! This argument is as old as cell phones themselves. One phone vibrates too hard, too loud and another is too soft, too quiet. This bed is too soft, and this bed is too hard, and this one is just right. So the big bad wolf just ate everyone complaining.
Then offer setting options for all three. :)