photo app/videos

Ladyleo65

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
I am not able to upload video to Facebook from my gallery because all my videos are blacked out also I cannot share a video to Facebook I have cleared the cache I've uninstalled did updates if there was any to be had and I have called AT&T my provider I have called Samsung I've left messages to Facebook no one seems to know what's going on now I got the new oreo update on the June 21st I didn't have any problems uploading videos last weekend now all of a sudden I do. Plus my Google photos I get an error message photo app needs to close or send feedback pops up all the time whether I'm in it or not can someone please help me?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you open the Gallery, can you still view your videos? What if you share from there?

If you can't see your videos (are they stored in SD card?), chances are the files have been damaged.

Ladyleo65

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
yes I can open my gallery and they're there and they play just fine but when I try to share them to Facebook nothing shows up just a blank page on Facebook. Also I'm getting that Google photo app wants to close all the time and I've done partial cache clear. even all my prior videos that I've taken in the past if I try to upload them will not go to Facebook either. But like I said I can see them in Google photos and I can see him in my gallery just fine. Do you have any suggestions?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does the Facebook app have permission to access storage? If you try to add the video FROM the Facebook app (not sharing through the Gallery), do you get the same page?

Ladyleo65

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
also I can't get into my storage thru device mngmnt. I pops up for a second then closes and show Device manager needs to close. ??? 😤🤔

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, then it sounds like an issue with accessing storage for some reason. Have you tried clearing the Phone's cache after the update (not the app, the phone...through Recovery Mode)? What about doing it in Safe Mode (if it works in Safe Mode, then there might be an app that's causing trouble)? Uninstalling/Reboot/Re-install Facebook and Photos, have you tried that?

Ladyleo65

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
OK, yes I have uninstalled reinstalled fcbk and did Safe Mode still same. Called tech at att and he remoted into my phone we did several things same thing as last technician the other day but he was telling me that since my Oreo download on the 21st it takes about 10 days to fully update he could tell in the system that it hasn't finished the update so I'm going to wait a few more days after my 10 days and call them back and see if they can remote into my phone again and see if the whole Oreo update is fully complete he said some apps take a little bit longer to update so I don't know if that's true I'm running out of options.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that doesn't sound true at all. The update takes minutes (an hour if your phone is really slow), and while app updates might not show up immediately (and only if they are available), if you uninstalled and re-installed, the app you want to use is already updated.

I hate to suggest this, but I think you might need to start backing things up and getting ready for a factory reset, and see if that works.

Forgot to ask, does sharing pictures work? Is the issue just with videos? What about sharing to other apps (I'd suggest Instagram, but since that's Facebook-owned, the code might be similar, so it'd be better to try with another app)? I wonder if the bug IS with just a few apps.

Ladyleo65

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
as far as I know it's only Facebook and Instagram on the video issue that is uploading it from their site. I can share a video to Instagram through my gallery but not to Facebook. and I just tried to send a video through text message and it doesn't even give me the option videos are there just shows my photos. So that's strange. Yes I can share pictures just fine. and also just tried to share in my photo gallery of video to Facebook and through text message and it's not going through the app keeps wanting to close. I have uninstalled it reinstalled it stop the updates free updated still the same thing

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow. That's really weird. Long shot, but try uninstalling the Video Player app and reinstalling from Galaxy Apps? (not sure you can do that...). Looks like a factory reset might be the only option... ??????

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Last try. If you use a 3rd party app to record video and then try to share that, does it also fail (I'm almost certain the answer will be 'yes' but still...) Just can't think of why only videos would be failing, it's so weird.

earljohnson

Jun 28, 2018
Visit site
It seems everyone with an S7 Active has these issues after the Oreo update. No word on a fix, but it will take another update or patch to fix it. One user said a factory reset fixed his issues but I'm not ready for that yet... Hopefully they will get us an update fix soon.

Last edited:

Ladyleo65

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
yeah I don't wanna do factory reset. what is a good 3rd party video app? I don't have any apps on here that I don't need so I'm unaware of any do you have any suggestions I can try I'll download one just to see

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ummm... Haven't used cameras in a while haha. I used Camera Zoom FX a long time ago, maybe give that a go. But mostly any camera app would do for what I want to test (if the video from the main app, for some reason, is the one that fails).

Ladyleo65

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
I am trying Open Camera 3 Rd party. won't upload to Facebook or share with Facebook for to Messenger. But can upload to Instagram I'm stumped

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maddy2005